Purchasing Agent / Quality Control Coordinator
Location: Elk Grove Village, IL
Our company was established in 1980 to distribute Japanese engines, generators, industrial products, and automotive components to customers in the US. Today, we export aerospace parts and provide technical support to our US-based customers in the power sports industry. We are searching for a full-time employee to work in a dual role as a purchasing agent and control coordinator at our office in Elk Grove Village, Illinois. We offer a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) savings plan, and vacation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Procure parts for military aircraft
- Build relationships with existing supplier base
- Expand business through new suppliers
- Some inventory management and shipping/receiving
- Comply with federal regulations regarding export-controlled goods and technical data
- Review and edit PPAP submissions
- Resolve issues with non-conforming parts
- Review / prepare corrective action reports
- Inspect parts and prepare receiving reports
- Due to requirements of this business, candidates must provide evidence of U.S. citizenship or personhood (valid U.S. Passport, U.S. Birth Certificate, or valid Green Card).
- Exceptional attention to detail required.
- 1 year of experience in purchasing or quality control preferred.
- Able to travel domestically.
- Capable of lifting 40 pounds repeatedly.
- Analytical and problem solving acumen.
- High level of professionalism
- Strong communication skills
- Thrives working autonomously and with a team.
- Ability to read technical drawings preferred.
- Prior military experience in aviation preferred.
- Knowledge of APQP and PPAP requirements preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Comfortable working at a small company (fewer than 10 employees).