Environmental Service Technician (Housekeeper)
Location: FAYETTEVILLE, AR
Environmental Services Technician
Position Purpose: Under the direct supervision of the Housekeeping Supervisor, this position exists to clean and service all floor areas of the hospital (disinfecting areas by scrubbing or spraying), and to perform a variety of environmental service duties in order to maintain orderly, clean, and sanitary conditions.
Position Reports To: Director of Plant Operations
Position Supervises: None
Interpersonal Relationships: As a representative of Springwoods Behavioral Health, all comments, attitudes, actions, and behaviors have a direct affect on the Facility’s image and perceptions of quality service. Interaction with patients, family members, physicians, referral sources, affiliating schools, visitors, etc. must be in a manner that is friendly, supportive, courteous, respectful, cooperative, and professional. This behavior should promote an atmosphere of teamwork, which is congruent with facility standards and guidelines to promote positive relations.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES:
1. Adaptability to perform a variety of duties and repetitive tasks.
2. Ability to read and follow direction.
3. Ability to work efficiently and according to schedule.
4. Ability to interact in a positive manner and communicate well with patients, families, co-workers, supervisor and other hospital employees.
5. Must have skill set to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
6. Ability to work in behavioral health environment and observe the standards of care needed for patients.
Licenses or Certifications: None
Total education, vocational training and experience: High School diploma or equivalent. One year previous experience is preferred. Housekeeping in a hospital setting is preferred.