Cash Services Specialist I
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Summary: Post payments and adjustments daily in the Cash Services Department both electronically and manually while maintaining daily balance of those postings and researching and transferring any unidentified payments within a specified timeframe.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Process all payments and adjustments in an accurate and timely manner
2. Manually post or ensure electronic release of all insurance and/or patient payments received through lockboxes and bank accounts for each facility and make adjustments as identified by insurance explanation of benefits (all payments received should be posted within 72 hours)
3. Balance daily postings on monitor/CRJ
4. Work to identify, resolve, and correct payment posting issues/errors and research missing payments or request e-mails from other departments (should respond within 24 hours)
5. Research and transfer payments in Unidentified within 14 days
6. Maintain knowledge of proper applications of payer codes, adjustment codes, and the financial class that coincides with individual payments
7. Working knowledge of all software systems involved in payment posting and reconciliation such as DAR, Pulse, Medhost, ClaimIQ, etc.
Required Education: High School / GED
Required Experience: Entry Level position
Preferred Experience: Banking experience, bookkeeping experience or position which requires ten-key and data entry
Required License/Registration/Certification: None
Computer Skills Required: Good working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel); good ten key skills and good keyboarding skills.
In order to successfully perform this job, with or without a reasonable accommodation, the following are outlined below:
The Employee is required to read, review, prepare and analyze written data and figures, using a pc or similar and should possess visual acuity.
The Employee may be required to occasionally climb, push, stand, walk, reach, grasp, kneel, stoop, and/or perform repetitive motions.
The Employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions and therefore job functions are typically performed under conditions such as those found in general office or administrative work.