Location: Champaign, IL
Title: Behavior Clinician
Job Category: Direct Care/Operations
Line of Business: Residential Services
Join us in transforming peoples' lives and their communities! ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Behavior Clinician.
Are you passionate about helping others? Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you help people reach their highest level of independence! Apply today! ResCare. Where Care Meets Career.Behavior Clinician Responsibilities
- Conduct initial/ongoing assessments to meet the needs of the individual
- Continue open communication between supervisors; direct care staff members; family members; guardians; collateral individuals regarding the individual’s status/progress
- Provide a tentative schedule to supervisor of appointments/home visits/observations for the week/month to continue open communication of work progress
- Conduct home visits to meet the requirements of in-home observations; chart reviews; staff interviews; data analysis; and to ensure implementation of the program plan is effective and followed per the program
- Participate in Interdisciplinary Team Meetings as well as other pertinent meetings/appointments to ensure all team members are continuing open communication of the individual’s progress
- Complete monthly/quarterly progress notes as well as attend monthly/quarterly/PRN meetings to discuss individual’s progress
- Conduct training/in-service trainings, annually, and as needed to ensure staff and other team members are competent on the implementation of the program plan and/or documentation sheets
- Provide follow-up interviews/home visits/observations for continued support for the individual’s needs
- Be flexible/adaptable to ever changing policies/procedures/status/issues related to the individual in order to support him/her
- Have effective record keeping (i.e. monthly/quarterly notes; in-service trainings; contact information; program plans; etc.) to ensure information is readily available to interested parties (i.e. management; surveyor; etc.).
- Complete the monthly billing and submit to accounting department of monthly activities for the individuals served
- Acts as liaison with the public and mental health community for the purpose of supporting individual development goals
- Assists in developing procedures for training materials for staff involved with the individuals for the purpose of enhancing programs for individuals and ensuring that program operations are in compliance with established guidelines.
- Continued education on behaviorally based interventions & techniques to stay competitive in the field.
- Follow-up visits and monthly/quarterly notes of individual’s progression.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning within the work unit
- Master's Degree in psychology, special education, social work, or related field. Must have experience with behavioral intervention, and/or a strong educational emphasis on the principles of learning and developmental psychology. Two or more years experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities or behaviorally challenged population, Must be eligible to be a Board Certified Behavior Analyst. Must be available for crisis intervention.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Perform multiple, technical tasks with a need to occasionally upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions.
- Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: analyzing data; effective listening; facilitating meetings; monitoring activities; planning; problem solving; record keeping; training; and office practices
- Review and interpret highly technical information; write technical materials; and/or speak persuasively to implement desired actions; and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions.
- Specific knowledgebased competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: age appropriate activities/behaviors; codes/laws/rules/regulations/policies; community resources; language grammar/punctuation/spelling/vocabulary; and treatment modalities and assessment.
- Be familiar with the governing guidelines and updates to the guidelines
- Gather; collate; and/or classify data; and consider a number of factors when using equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a variety of circumstances; analyze data utilizing defined but different processes; and operate equipment using a variety of standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a significantly diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with a variety of data; and utilize job-related equipment. Problem solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data required independent interpretation of guidelines; and problem solving equipment is limited to moderate. Specific ability-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adaptability/flexibility; communication with persons of diverse backgrounds/knowledge/skills; confidentiality; decision making; detail oriented; leadership and direction; meeting schedules/deadlines; organizing; and teamwork.
In addition to meeting your passion for making a difference in people's lives and career advancement, opportunities you may also be offered:
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Suite of voluntary insurance options
- Paid Time Off
- Performance incentives
- Company Discount Purchasing Program
- Cell phone Service
- Ford and Chrysler Automobiles
- Staples discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Don't miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you assist people to reach their highest level of independence.
ResCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.
, champaign, IL 61820 USA