Location: San Diego, CA
With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan and suburban cities throughout the U.S., CBIZ is one of the nation’s leading providers of professional financial and employee business services. At CBIZ, our associates benefit from the opportunities, resources, training and stability of a national organization, while also enjoying the flexibility, comfortable culture and sense of community typically associated with a smaller, local company.
CBIZ and MHM are together ranked as one of the top accounting services providers in the United States. With more than 35 offices and more than 3,000 professionals, we serve the country’s growing mid-market public and private businesses and the not-for-profit sector. MHM, an independent CPA firm, provides high quality audit and assurance services and works closely with CBIZ, an accounting, tax and consulting services provider. CBIZ and MHM are members of Kreston International Limited, a global network of independent accounting firms.
CBIZ MHM is proud of our strong company culture. In 2016 we were recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Los Angeles by the Los Angeles Business Journal; in San Diego by the San Diego Union Tribune and in Orange County by the Orange County Business Journal. It was an honor to be recognized for such prestigious awards, knowing that it was the feedback from our employees that earned us our spot on those lists.
In this leadership role, you will have the opportunity to utilize your technical tax, analytical, operational, management, and client service skills by:
- Serve as client’s trusted advisor, demonstrates knowledge of industry trends, identify client issues and conflicts; proactively communicate solution options to client and team
- Manage staff on engagement deliverables (such as financial statements, tax returns, work papers, etc.); complete technical and strategic reviews as a member of the final engagement review team to ensure quality control standards are met; ensure on time delivery and on budget
- Demonstrate proficient technical skills for handling all client responsibilities, including knowledge of trends, industries, alternatives, etc.
- Understand the client’s organization, procedures and internal policies
- Reviewing complex tax returns including international, federal and multi-state returns for C Corporations, S corporations, partnerships, high net worth individuals, trusts & estates, and foundations
- Understanding your clients’ goals and needs and servicing clients directly
- Owning client relationships and work
- Strategizing with Managing Directors regarding tax planning
- Provide clients’ with recommendations and guidance on how to achieve their goals and assist in identifying opportunities for growth with clients
- Researching tax issues and providing guidance to clients
- Working closely with staff, and assisting senior management in mentoring, coaching, training, supervising, and evaluating staff
- Foster a team environment; demonstrates support of management and decisions and build a positive culture
- Participate in practice development activities that lead to the generation of new business and the opportunities for cross-serves
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in Accounting, Taxation or related field
- 6 years of experience in public accounting or related field
- 3 years supervisory experience
- Must have active CPA or equivalent certification
- Ability to manage all aspects of client engagements
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
- Proficient use of applicable technology
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant's race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
PAY TRANSPARENCY PROTECTION NOTIFICATION