Research Scientist / Engineer
Location: Washington, DC
Schafer / Belcan Government Services (BGS), a division under Belcan (www.belcan.com), is a scientific, engineering and operational support organization providing high-end technical solutions to mission critical challenges. BGS's contributions are focused in the following major thrust areas: government services; civil and military aerospace solutions; cybersecurity and laboratory and scientific support. We choose to work on some of the toughest technical challenges facing the aerospace and defense industries today, meeting and exceeding our goals.
Schafer is seeking a Research Scientist/Engineer
to serve on an integrated team of government and contractor personnel providing project management services and scientific, engineering, technical, and analysis support to the conduct of research and development efforts to develop advanced technologies to support detection of radiological and nuclear material. The successful candidate will have experience in research and development in the fields of nuclear engineering or physics.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Providing advice and guidance in technical areas requiring interpretation of processes and methods.
- Supporting strategies and tactical planning/alignment processes.
- Monitoring performers' cost, schedule, deliverables, and technical performance.
- Coordinating and assisting in program/project reviews and assessments.
- Collaborating and coordinating with other federal partners.
- Supporting technology demonstration test development and execution.
- Providing onsite test and logistics coordination (will require 10-20% travel).
- Supporting radiological and nuclear detection technology and Research & Development programs.
- Bachelors/Masters/Ph.D. in Physics or Nuclear Engineering, or significant experience in a nuclear-related field.
- Strong understanding of data acquisition and analysis.
- Must possess strong communication and technical writing skills necessary to prepare and conduct field instruction, provide technical briefings, and prepare technical reports.
- Experience in conducting and evaluating research and development projects is required.
- Active DoD SECRET security clearance; DHS Suitability preferred.
- Experience in nuclear engineering research, particularly in fields related to active interrogation
- Program Management experience
BGS seeks to fill this position with an exceptionally talented and self-motivated individual. Salary will commensurate with experience. BGS has highly competitive benefits, excellent development opportunities and a great working environment.BGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for all positions.BGS Corporation does not accept resumes from third party agencies. 'Goverment Services' (Washington, DC)