Sales Representative (Home Healthcare Sales) - Infirmary HomeCare
Location: Mobile, AL
LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. More than 60 leading hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because our 11,000 employees in 25 states are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
The Patient Care Representative is responsible for executing the sales strategy to increase company market share through account development and educating the medical community on services provided by the company while operating within set budget. *CB
- Achievement of annual location admit and census budgets.
- Successfully executes a weekly, monthly, and quarterly strategy to increase market share through key account development including prospecting/diversification and call frequency/routing. Plans activity to maximize territory coverage of both existing and prospective accounts.
- Responsible for executing effective sales calls that identify and meet the needs of the referral community and clearly communicate the features and benefits of the LHC Group. These include pre and post call planning, establishing rapport, effective questioning skills, proposing solutions, handling objections and closing.
- Works closely with the DON/Branch Manager to drive a vision of growth by focusing every team member on the needs and expectations of the referral community and patients.
- Knows the features and benefits of the services provided by LHC Group. Is able to articulate competitive advantages, specialty programs, and Medicare guidelines. Educates the medical community about the services of our organization through effective sales calls and in-services with the appropriate tools and literature.
- Any other tasks that are assigned.
Formal Education: Bachelor's Degree preferredExperience Requirements
- Two to three years of prior successful Home Health or Hospice sales experience preferred.
- Excellent presentation, negotiation and relationship-building skills preferred.
- Must have strong computer skills to meet Microsoft Outlook and CRM software requirements.
- Must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and be self motivated.