Organic Prep Technician
Location: Holland, MI
ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
Responsibilities for this position will include performing extractions using various EPA methods and washing glassware for the organic prep department.
- Prepare samples for analysis using various EPA Methods in accordance with ASL standard operating procedures.
- Prepare reagents for use in sample preparation process.
- Responsible to safely and properly wash scientific glassware.
- Recognize and maintain safe working conditions. Use appropriate safety equipment.
- Perform recordkeeping as required to ensure adequate documentation and traceability.
- Maintain a clean, orderly work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work off shift.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Dedication to supporting goals, objectives, and philosophies of ALS.
- Diligent work ethic and the ability to work as a team member.
- High energy level, confidence, and ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Multi-tasked, organized, and detail oriented.
- Proficient English verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with staff, management and clients in a professional manner.
- Able to work well in a team and has problem solving capabilities.
- HS Diploma, BS Degree in a science discipline preferred
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and follow direction
- Strong commitment to quality and integrity
- The ability to stand for intervals of up to 8 hours while working;
- Able to speak and hear clearly while communicating with co-workers and managers;
- Dexterity in hands and fingers to handle glassware;
- Must have average vision and able to see to read labels;
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
'ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society'
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation Poster