Production Machinist (1st Shift)
Location: Anniston, AL
Name: BAE Systems
BAE Systems Platforms and Services is seeking a 3rd Shift Production Machinist to support their Combat Vehicles site in Anniston, AL.
Sets up and operates a variety of equipment for machining of materials and parts to specifications.
Required Skills And Education
- Sets up production equipment such as, but not limited to, mills, lathes, grinders, vertical machining centers, drills, gear shaper and broaches for the production of new difficult recurring work in machining of materials and parts to blueprint specifications. Operates equipment such as, but not limited to, fixtures and Jigs, gear shaper and stencil machine.
- Operates production equipment such as, but not limited to, the above in 1 in the machining of parts material to specifications, changing .tools as required to maintain tolerance. Holds tolerance to tenths of thousands as required. Uses standard and precision measuring instruments such as height and depth gages, micrometer, scales, tapes, calipers, dial indicators, basic hand tools.
- Must be able to edit (G- Code) CNC programming and use tool offsets when necessary.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Uses a full range of material handling equipment such as forklifts in moving materials or parts to and from machine tables.
- Guides, directs, and instructs lower classified employees
- Performs related work and work of lower classifications as required.
- Use SPC on certain job applications also reads blue prints and works with job work order packets maintains high quality standards.
- Works under general supervision, receiving assistance from higher classified employees when warranted.
- Performs basic preventive maintenance on equipment.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
- Must have High school degree, or GED equivalent, 3-5 years experience in the majority of above Principal Duties and Responsibilitiesand Machinist Trade School. Proof of school certificate and courses taken required.
- Working knowledge of Funuc and Mazatrol or equivalent CNC Controls.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression