Manager, Warehouse - Food Service
Location: Birmingham, AL
The Warehouse Manager - FS manages a POS room and basic inventory of a walk-in cooler and freezer and basic office maintenance (including lights, soaps, replenish towels, mop kitchen floor, keep kitchen neat). The Warehouse Manager – FS will assist with Food Show Setups and Shows, travel to take samples to and from warehouses to our team, make trips in order to replenish Food Show supplies and change fryer oil in kitchen. Keep all Food Show equipment clean and well maintained. Oversee receiving trucks/samples and needs to be proficient in Excel and Office.
- Create dry sample slots in warehouse. Create point of sale (POS) inventory control systems. Order restock product on dry samples and POS when inventory reaches it threshold level.
- Update inventory of product received in warehouse. Makes sales sample bags as requested through order system. Process POS request by sales and mail to sales staff if needed.
- Maintain office supplies such as janitorial supplies (paper towels, toilet paper, coffee, plates, forks, spoons, creamer, sugar, etc.).
- Ensure all office trash is emptied daily and the warehouse is clean and swept.
- Log all samples in freezer and remove products weekly that have exceeded time specified. Donate products to charity or to United Staff. Control all products coming and going from freezer.
- General office maintenance – replaces light bulbs, touch up paint, and repair things that are broken if possible.
- Use phone, email, voicemail, etc. as needed to communicate task completion for sales, customer service or management.
- Inventory all Food Show decorations and equipment. Pull equipment for Food Shows through food show equipment request from sales personnel.
- Report lost stolen or broken items. Deliver product to sales or distribution when needed. Inspect Foodshow equipment and repair, dispose or damaged equipment.
- Inspect all totes from shows and clean any dirty equipment and put items in proper containers if not stored properly.
- Re-label all food show supplies and totes as needed.
- Contact personnel to pick up excess pallets in warehouse.
- Make portion bags of frozen product when requested from management. All portion requests must come through management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma / GED
- 24 months of previous warehouse experience and 1-2 years of supervisory experience or equivalent experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, must be able to speak and hear.
- Excellent computer skills required. Experience in UPS, USPS and LTL shipping preferred.
- Ability to pay attention to detail; a must sense of urgency required and excellent attendance.
- Prior small item receiving, order selecting and shipping preferred.
- Ability and required to be on their feet the entire 8 hour shift.
Acosta Sales & Marketing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
By submitting your application you agree with and accept the Acosta Privacy Statement and Terms of Conditions.