Test & Evaluation (T&E) Engineer
Location: Washington, DC
Schafer / Belcan Governmnet Services (BGS) is a scientific, engineering and operational support organization providing high-end technical solutions to mission critical challenges. Our contributions are focused in the following major thrust areas: government services; civil and military aerospace solutions; and laboratory and scientific support. We choose to work on some of the toughest technical challenges in aerospace and defense, and we strive to be the very best at the things we choose to do.
BGS is seeking an experienced Test & Evaluation (T&E) Engineer
to serve on an integrated team of government and contractor personnel performing the end-to-end test planning, execution and analysis/reporting process for Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) and advanced sensor/detection technologies at various stages of the Systems Engineering Life Cycle (SELC). The successful candidate will have experience providing full scale T&E support in the government acquisition environment including Developmental Testing, Operational T&E, Advanced Technology Demonstrations and Pilot Programs.
- Assists with strategic T&E planning, resource planning, coordination, test program execution, and formal reporting.
- Review and contribute to key acquisition program technical documentation including, but not limited to, Test & Evaluation Master Plans (TEMP), System Verification plans, Test Campaign Plans, Data Collection and Validation Plans, Milestone Briefings, System Evaluation Reports, Operational Utility Assessments, Final Test Reports, etc.
- Provide T&E technical advisory support to multi-disciplinary Integrated Product Teams/Working Groups.
- Support the execution of discrete performance test/operational test/data collection events and conduct objective analysis of the collected system/integrated systems’ performance data.
- Develop T&E-related inputs into high visibility and/or executive-level reports and briefings, program reviews, and status reports.
- Provide analysis of test processes and procedures and make recommendations for improving test processes to facilitate timely capability delivery to users.
- Support and coordinate development of relevant standards under the DNDO Standards program, to include participation in the definition of ANSI N42 radiological standards and DNDO Technical Capability Standards.
- Master’s Degree in Physics, Nuclear Engineering, or related technical field of study.
- 5 years of experience supporting the T&E life cycle in roles of increasing responsibility.
- Comprehensive knowledge of government acquisition and systems engineering processes; extensive experience with large, complex tests.
- Superior interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Programs especially Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access.
- Active SECRET security clearance; DHS Suitability preferred.
- ITEA CTEP and/or DAWIA T&E certifications beneficial.
- Experience contributing to the development of national and international testing standards.
- Experience implementing modeling and simulation tools and using results to drive test strategies and create efficiencies.
BGS seeks to fill this position with an exceptionally talented and self-motivated individual. Salary will commensurate with experience. BGS has highly competitive benefits, excellent development opportunities and a great working environment. BGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for all positions. BGS does not accept resumes from third party agencies. 'Government Services' (Washington, DC)