Night time Caregiver
Location: Abilene, TX
- Ensure the CAPLICO Core Values and Code of Conduct are adhered to at all times.
- Attend to the needs of residents, which includes assistance with activities of daily living (i.e. personal hygiene and grooming, feeding and ambulation, medical monitoring, and other health care related tasks) within the confines of state regulations.
- Ensure resident safety and the maintenance of a safe environment.
- The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner is essential to the performance of this position.
- Promote self-help and independence of residents by encouraging the maintenance or attainment of the highest physical, mental and psychosocial well-being.
- Remind/assist and monitor resident able to self-administer medications (with proper training) within the confines of state regulations.
- Observe residents for changes in condition or behavior and promptly report changes to the appropriate licensed nursing personnel, Supervisor, or appropriate medical personnel.
- Complete Caregiver records, documenting care provided or other information in keeping with department, facility, and state requirements.
- Take vital signs as assigned.
- Perform first aid and initiate emergency response procedures as required.
- Follow and support community fire safety and infection control practices and promptly reports any unsafe conditions or equipment to immediate supervisor.
- Greet residents, visitors, and staff courteously and answer phones when assigned.
- Serve meals in the dining room, assisting resident at meal time, provide resident tray delivery, and assists with dining room clean up and maintenance.
- Assist with tours, move-ins and move-outs.
- Coordinate personal care services with co-workers
- Assist with lifting and transfer of residents, and respond to assistance pages promptly.
- Ensure your compliance with Resident Rights at all times.
- Notify Supervisor in the event any equipment needed to perform your job duties (e.g., radios, pagers, gait belt, lifting equipment) is malfunctioning or in need of service or repair.
- Attend and participate in required training, in-services, staff meetings and online training.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the Supervisor or Executive Director.
- To the extent certification from a particular state or federal agency is required in order to perform job duties, you are responsible for ensuring that certification is in good standing and kept current.
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.
Back to Jobs