Mental Health Technician/CNA - Full-Time
Location: FAYETTEVILLE, AR
Mental Health Technician/CNA – Full-time
Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) is one of the nation’s largest and most respected health care management companies, operating through its subsidiaries acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers nationwide. Founded in 1978, UHS subsidiaries now have more than 65,000 employees. The UHS business strategy is to build or purchase health care properties in rapidly growing markets and create a strong franchise based on exceptional service and effective cost control. Our success comes from a responsive management style and a service philosophy based on integrity, competence and compassion.
Position Purpose: Under the immediate supervision of the Registered Nurse and/or Nursing Manager and/or Nursing Supervisor, this position functions as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team providing patient care. Technicians participate in both the planning and implementing of individual patient treatment plans. They may be responsible for admitting and interviewing patients, record keeping, and conducting appropriate treatment groups.
Position Reports To: Registered Nurse and/or Nurse Manager or Nursing Supervisor
Position Supervises: None.
Interpersonal Relationships: As a representative of Springwoods Behavioral Health, all comments, attitudes, actions, and behaviors have a direct affect on the Facility’s image and perceptions of quality service. Interaction with patients, family members, physicians, referral sources, affiliating schools, visitors, etc. must be in a manner that is friendly, supportive, courteous, respectful, cooperative, and professional. This behavior should promote an atmosphere of teamwork, which is congruent with facility standards and guidelines to promote positive relations.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES:
1. Must keep patient clean, work with daily living skills and deliver quality nursing service to all patients.
2. Ability to recognize and report changes in behavior of patients to other team members. Must have good observation skills.
3. Skill set to work in a fast-paced behavioral health hospital with frequent interruptions.
4. Effective oral and written communication skills and knowledge of telephone etiquette is required.
5. Ability to interact in a positive manner and to communicate well with patients, families, co-workers, supervisor and other hospital employees.
6. Ability to adapt to changes in how information is processed.
7. Must be able to exercise good judgment and make recommendations in the best interest of the hospital
8. Required visual acuity to provide observation of patients and physical agility to manage patients.
9. Proficiency in reading and writing.
10. Good organization and time management skills. Strictly adhere to facility time and leave policy.
11. Hours may vary based on staffing needs and include day, evening and weekend shifts or combination of shifts.
Licenses or Certifications: Current licensure and registration by the Arkansas State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse. Current CPR and AED certifications, or must obtain within 90 days of hire. Successful completion of the American Nursing Association Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse program with credentialing is preferred.