Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA)
Location: Caldwell, ID
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) works under the supervision of a nurse. The Certified Nursing Assistant performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients, and assists with other personal hygiene needs
- Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
- Transports, positions, and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights, and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens.
- Provides encouragement, support, and comfort to patients and family members.
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant training program.
- Certification as a Nurse Assistant (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- Working knowledge of medical terminology (preferred)