Dining Services Assistant - part-time
Location: Mobile, AL
Job ID 2016-2201
Type Part-Time (PT)
# of Openings 1
Job Locations US - AL - Mobile
Posted Date 9/26/2016 9:36:00 AM
Category Food Services/Culinary/Dining
Community Heritage Woods
Department Dining & Food Services
Our mission at Elmcroft Senior Living is a dedication to enriching the lives of the individuals who live and work with us by responding to their unique needs and universal desire for dignity and respect.
Our values are grounded in respect, creativity, humility, accountability, compassion and kindness, integrity, and the passionate pursuit of excellence.
If you believe in this mission and honor our values, please consider joining our team.
Elmcroft is looking for a Dining Services Assistant for our assisted living community. This position sets up dining room and assists residents with food service; washes dishes, pots and pans; takes out garbage; keeps kitchen clean and sanitary.
Equal Opportunity Employer Qualifications:
- Meets Elmcroft Standards established for the Dining Services department.
- Reads, understands, and complies with State Regulations established for Food Service departments.
- Washes and stacks dishes, pots and pans.
- Keeps dishwasher, dishwashing area, pot and pan area, and dumpster area clean. Glasses and cups shall be stored inverted in a sanitary manner.
- Collects and places garbage and trash in designated containers. Empties all trash and cleans trash cans. Washes garbage/trash cans each day.
- Sweeps and mops floor daily. Uses approved EPA cleaning products.
- Assists cooks and CNAs upon request.
- Cleans and presses linen tablecloths on tables for every meal. (May use substitution for breakfast.)
- Pre-sets tables for every meal per guidelines in Dining Services Guide.
- Makes sure that there are fresh flowers on the tables.
- Places a bread basket of fresh bread with butter/margarine on each table before the meal is served.
- Serves meals from the left and removes meals from the right.
- Removes each course before the next meal is served.
- Returns all soiled dishes directly to the dishwashing area.
- Presents a clean and neat appearance, wearing aprons, hair nets, and other protective clothing as necessary.
- Is fully knowledgeable of the fire evacuation and disaster policy of the community and participates as assigned in fire and disaster drills.
- Maintains confidentiality of all pertinent personal or health information concerning residents and staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned and which relate to the success of Elmcroft and the Care, Comfort, and Happiness or our residents.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.