Location: Jonesboro, AR
Genesis10 is searching for an Equipment Engineer for our client, a telecommunications company, in Jonesboro, AR. This position is contract-to-hire and onsite only.
The Equipment Engineer is responsible for equipment engineering activities in the network. This work includes equipment specification and ordering, network planning, record updates within the MetaSolv M6 system, project budget management, some minor installation activities and baseline configuration of equipment in preparation for Network Operations to assume management of it.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Defining, ordering and overseeing installation and integration of equipment in the network; this includes but is not limited to switches, routers, servers, power systems, optical network equipment, patch panels and cables
- Plan and prepare detailed equipment installation specifications and drawings
- Ensure all site records are updated and accurate
- Facilitate circuit design work in MetaSolv M6
- Standardize on installation and implementation MOPs
- Generate quote requests, orders, and RFPs
- Prepare project budgets and manage capital and operating expenses on engineering projects Provide regular reporting and forecasting related to project budgets
- Attends various meetings with management, departments and vendors to ensure company objectives are met
- Participates in inter-departmental planning meetings to coordinate and communicate activities related to the successful completion of projects
- Work closely with the Network Engineering team on planning network deployments
- Configuring and commissioning network elements after they are installed in the network
- Work closely with Network Operations personnel to hand-off newly deployed equipment to them for ongoing surveillance and management
- Some travel required to project areas and job sites
Education and Experience:
- Knowledge of telecommunications installation practices and principals
- Experience provisioning or commissioning telecommunications network elements such as routers, switches, DSLAMs, PON, SONET, DWDM, etc.
- Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, various software programs including Microsoft office applications, and telephone systems
- Skill in problem identification and resolution
- Skill in oral and written communication
- Skill in reading and interpreting technical documents such as vendor deployment guidelines, white papers and configuration manuals
- Ability to communicate with customers, employees, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand
- Ability to work in a team environment
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Networking, or related field or equivalent experience plus two to five years of relevant telecommunications technical experience
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the above requirements, apply today at www.genesis10.com!
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at genesis10.com. Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V