Location: Florence, AZ
Name: Corizon Health, Inc
Correctional Care | Committed Careers | Corizon Health
We have an exceptional opportunity for an Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) to join our healthcare team at the Arizona State Prison-Eyman Complex in Florence, AZ.
Qualifications of the Corizon Health Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON)
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing with the ability to obtain a Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of employment.
- Minimum two (2) years progressive nursing management experience, nursing experience in direct patient care delivery services.
- Demonstrated ability to interact positively with the client, patients, staff, and management team.
- Exceptional communication skills, influence, morale, and leadership abilities.
- Have a strong desire to have a significant role in the success of an innovative health services program.
- Current CPR or ACLS certification
- Remains knowledgeable about specific state laws and regulations governing practice.
- Satisfactory completion of initial and annual clinical competencies to demonstrate aptitude as assigned by role.
Responsibilities of the Corizon Health Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON)
- Directs the provision of healthcare to patients by professional and paraprofessional nursing staff via interaction with their Charge Nurses and clinical staff.
- Interacts with a variety of healthcare professionals, corrections, and administrative staff to achieve the goals of the nursing department and fulfill contractual requirements.
- Functions as a senior clinical nurse for respective area of responsibility. Supervises the delivery of nursing services provided to the patients within areas of responsibility on a daily basis.
- Provides monthly staffing schedule to Site Administrator and Director of Nursing, works with Charge Nurses to adjust their daily personnel needs, provides any personnel changes to include call outs, scheduling trades, etc. to the Site Administrator and Director of Nursing.
- Visits each area of clinical responsibility at least once a week to observe the performance of the staff and to discuss ongoing programs and problems.
- Ensures that each area of clinical responsibility provides the state required data to Infection Control in a timely manner.
- Accomplishes a random chart review in each area of clinical responsibility on a weekly basis for CQI, fills out appropriate CQI forms (5-10 charts per site), and forwards the completed forms to the Director of Nursing.
- Answers patient grievances in a timely and complete manner and assists the Charge Nurses with answering patient grievances in a similar manner.
- Enforces company policies and procedures, makes recommendations to Director of Nursing for any updates or changes needed in the policies and procedures.
- Ensures new staff is scheduled for proper orientation prior to routine staffing assignments.
Benefits offered to the Corizon Health Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON)
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- 401(k) with company match
- Free online Continuing Education program
- Comprehensive Onboarding
Contact: Tracy Mazuranic at Tracy.Mazuranic@corizonhealth or 314-919-9553
Corizon Health provides patients with high quality healthcare and reentry services that will reduce recidivism and better the communities where we live and work. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of the growing number of incarcerated persons with physical and mental illness and the professionals who care for them. More healthcare professionals are finding the stability and advancement they desire at Corizon Health.
This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening. Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status.