Location: Auburn, AL
Java web application software developer position in Auburn, AL.
The position requires the ability to consistently develop and deliver projects on established time lines and quality expectations. Responsibilities include:
- Provides input to project plans by supplying accurate time estimates
- Documents and demonstrates solutions using flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, & code comments
- Performs analysis of current programs including performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problem programs
- Updates job knowledge by studying modern development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Follows the established development methodologies
- Provides escalated technical support as required
- Must be comfortable working in a team environment as well as independently, and possess a sense of accountability and urgency in completing assignments
- 2 years of software engineering experience
- Bachelor Degree, or higher, in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience building and operating web applications
- Knowledge of Java, EJB, JSP, & SQL
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Solid understanding of relational database design concepts
- User interface design
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills, proven ability in determining the root cause of problems and the base set of conditions for their occurrence
We are an EOE F/M/D/V.
Global Payments, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected status. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.