Commercial Business and Planning Analyst I
Location: Buffalo, NY
Title: Commercial Business and Planning Analyst I
Responsible for providing routine analytical, operational, and/or technical support at the business/department level.
The position is responsible for support in a variety of functions to include but not limited to the following:
• Develop and produce routine, non-complex standard and ad hoc departmental reports and spreadsheets to include but not limited to project or product strategy analysis, profitability, historical reporting, work flow analysis, statistical analysis, and financial analysis.
• Participate in developing system/process enhancement plans.
• Research and gather business, process, and/or financial information.
• Perform basic ad hoc analyses to support business decisions.
• May provide feedback to management regarding results.
• Design and implement routine, standard PC-based models to support business decisions.
• Develop a solid understanding of the business and its functions, processes and operations.
• Keep abreast of business and market trends that may affect business department.
• Participate in the planning and implementation of new projects, products, programs, and plans to achieve short and long term business objectives; assist in the coordination of the design and execution of various projects for the promotion and maintenance of the business.
• Perform other related assignments/projects as requested by management.
• The position requires interaction with both internal and external contacts in order to obtain pertinent information.
• The incumbent works independently under general supervision as well as a member of a project team.
• The incumbent works under established parameters looking to senior analysts for guidance.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
• Bachelors degree, or in lieu of a degree a minimum of four (4) years work experience
• Working knowledge of Windows and PC software programs
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong analytical ability and creative problem solving skills
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel
• Ability to work independently and function as a member of a project team
• Detail oriented
Ideal Qualifications Preferred:
• Bachelors degree in an applicable field (i.e. Business, Finance, Statistics, Marketing, MIS) or the equivalent in work experience
• Prior departmental experience
• Familiar with department specific software with a general knowledge of financial models
• We encourage candidates with relevant military experience to apply