Dedicated Regional Fleet Driver - CLS-DRF
Location: Birmingham, AL
AAA Cooper Dedicated Regional Fleet Drivers are responsible for pick-up and delivery of multiple Dedicated customer's freight throughout the United States. Dedicated Regional Fleet Drivers average 2300 miles per week, typically Sunday - Friday, but may vary depending on customer's requirements.
As a full-time AAA Cooper Transportation employee, you will enjoy benefits such as:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with company match
- Company paid life insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Wellness programs
- Paid Holidays
- Paid vacation
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- Safety and Performance Rewards Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Essential Job Duties
- Perform safe and legal operation of commercial motor vehicles.
- Check shipping papers to determine if the load complies with all required regulations.
- Maintain records required for compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Develop and maintain professional and effective relations between our company and the public.
- Drive truck to the required destination in accordance with federal regulations.
- Ensure that all shipping documentation required to move with shipments is available for inspection.
- Hook and unhook trailers from tractors, including cranking lever to raise and lower landing gear.
- Inspect equipment for defects and safe operating condition as required by state/federal laws and AAA Cooper.
- Fuel trucks and tractors.
- Perform all other work related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 21 years or older
- Class A Interstate Commercial Drivers' License with hazardous materials and double/triple endorsements
- Pass DOT pre-employment drug screen and DOT physical
- Satisfactory background check
- Have 2 years experience or 100,000 miles over the road in a tractor trailer.
- Pass ACT road test
- Flexible hours
- Have the ability to be certified as a forklift operator
- Be familiar with proper procedures for handling hazardous materials.
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all federal, state and local regulations that govern a safe work environment.
- Read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Count, add, and subtract digits up to 10,000's.
- Be able to operate a motor vehicle safely.
- Have a working knowledge of all DOT regulations that govern your particular job.
A Dedicated Regional Fleet Driver must have the ability to:
- Sit and remain alert while driving for an extended period of up to 10 hours.
- Shift manual transmission and operate foot pedals.
- Perform frequent actions such as: squatting, bending, twisting, turning and reaching overhead.
- Perform occasional pushing and pulling of freight up to 500 lbs. on a dolly or cart, as well as, freight weighing more than 100 lbs. with or without mechanical aid.
- Hook/unhook various commercial vehicle combinations, manually lower and raise landing gear, operate the fifth wheel release lever, and open and close the cargo door.