Location: Dothan, AL
Name: TreeHouse Foods
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Through direct supervision of all assigned personnel, the production supervisor will ensure all products being processed or packaged meet or exceed current standards of quality and production quantity.
- Ensure all assigned employees adhere to and are in compliance with all policies, rules and regulations and procedures.
- Conduct safety inspections of the area to ensure a safe working environment and to promote good housekeeping habits.
- Review production schedule for proper sequencing of products; recommend revisions/adjustments.
- Confirm adequacy of supplies and ingredients for all lines including upcoming shift.
- Coordinate training program for personnel on the shift, to provide an opportunity to each employee to learn and improve their skills and to evaluate the employees.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of all assigned personnel.
- Perform, supervise, and coordinate work activities of production staff, which may include technical and/or non-technical assistance.
- Coordinate daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly maintenance activities.
- Effectively utilize manpower and materials in the support of company goals.
- Ensure that daily production, downtime, and quality reports are prepared and submitted in accordance with current procedures.
- Continually evaluate manufacturing operations to identify possible methods to improve quality, productivity and costs.
- Clearly communicate with others to ensure the successful operation of the division.
- Assist management in strategic planning for the division.
- Perform various administrative duties accurately and in a timely manner to ensure the smooth operation of the division.
- Assist with the designing, installation and debugging of new equipment as necessary.
- Facilitating a five minute employee meeting each day to keep the employees informed of safety precautions, performance, policies, etc.
- Completing employee vacation forms, status change forms, issuing discipline, time & attendance management and terminations in a timely manner.
- Coaching employees that are not meeting their performance goals and rewarding employees for good performance.
- Responsible for food safety, food defense, and food quality.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Experience and Education:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Manager/Supervisor experience in a non-union work environment.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office.
- Works well with a team.
- Possess ability to deal easily and effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated with strong multitasking, analytical thinking, problem solving and leadership skills.
- Familiarity with OSHA, FDA, EPA, HACCP, GFSI regulations
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Must be willing to accept responsibility and to show good judgement, initiative, and resourcefulness.
- High School or equivalent Required
- High School plus specialized training (min 6mos-2yrs)
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
Minimum Experience Preferred: Two - Four years of managerial experience in a production setting.
Physical Activity/Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach, stretch, stoop, bend, and use hands and fingers. Also, the employee may be required to lift up to 50lbs. This position requires the employee to be able to read, write, and communicate orally in English. The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veterans/Disability