IT Manager, Collections Applications
Location: Southfield, MI
Name: Credit Acceptance Corporation
IT Manager, Collections Applications
Why Work For Credit Acceptance?
Voted No. 1 on Computerworld's 2015 and 2016 Best Places to Work in IT lists for midsized companies, Credit Acceptance is rapidly expanding its IT department with a variety of challenging positions and unlimited growth potential. Our team members make Credit Acceptance a great place to work, resulting in being #27 on Fortune's Magazine's Best Companies to Work For in 2016.
Credit Acceptance offers team members in the IT Department:
- Competitive market-based salary with quarterly profit sharing and annual merit bonuses
- Excellent benefits package that includes 401(K) match, adoption assistance, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive medical/dental/vision and much more
- Unlimited opportunity for career growth as demonstrated by our track record of promoting internally
- High-performance, challenging, collaborative atmosphere
- Opportunity to work with progressive technologies, including the latest database, development, storage, and computer technologies available
- Unlimited business training and career development opportunities
- Strong work-life balance with generous PTO beginning on day 1
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for driven, proficient, and collaborative IT Manager to continue to lead our market growth. Our ideal candidate will:
- Show insight; know your application design & data; offer simple, working solutions.
- Develop team coding, documenting and testing standards and make process improvements
- Learn the Business Processes Your Application Supports so your solutions will better support the business
- Recognize upstream and downstream impacts; communicate effectively (verbally & in writing)
- Maintain an application backlog. Keep the backlog clean. Create short and long term work plans for your team based on Project Management Office and customer priorities. Provide build estimates in your plans.
- Secure sensitive data Anticipate future data and storage needs
- Decrease incidents and increase uptime of your application
- Manage vendor costs and vendor relationships effectively
- Right People, Right Number, Right Org Design: Build an application team with the right people and the right number of people under a strong organization design
- Clear Expectations: Give each team member a clear expectation of what s/he must do to succeed
- Training: Train team members to use tools and processes efficiently. Encourage formal training where appropriate. Develop an effective training plan for team members
- Performance Management: Provide support, tools and training to help Team Members improve performance. Address substandard performance appropriately
- Right Measures: Report on application metrics established by your supervisor and use those metrics to help drive improvements to your application. Meet established service levels
- Right Incentive Plans: Use incentive plans and recognition programs to motivate your team.
- Right Environment: Create a work atmosphere that encourages open discussion-where employees are engaged, motivated and have trust in their leader's vision, ability, integrity
- Right Tools: Improve your application and team processes to provide excellent customer service
- All other duties as assigned
- Attendance as required by department
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 5 years' hands-on development experience in a procedure-based or object oriented language
- Minimum of 7 years' IT professional experience
- Experience communicating with executive (C-level) leaders
- Minimum of 2 years' experience leading development teams in an Agile environment
- Experience measuring and reporting team operating metrics
- Strong organizational skills
- Remain compliant with our policies, processes and legal guidelines
- A proven track record of developing and managing high performing engineering teams.
- A passion for people management and mentorship
- Strong vision for technical and business solutions
- Experience integrating with Cisco or Aspect Telecom systems
- Financial, Collections or Telecommunications industry experience
- Experience with Ontario Systems technologies
- Experience with C#/Java
- Certified FDD Practitioner or Scrum Master
At Credit Acceptance, we offer highly-competitive salaries based on current market evaluations, along with a comprehensive benefits package. In addition to a salary based on experience, you'll also receive quarterly profit-sharing bonuses and annual merit bonuses. Salaries are reviewed annually and adjusted according to performance evaluation and market area estimations.
To be successful in this role, Team Members need to demonstrate the characteristics of PRIDE (our Company core values) in their work:
- Positive: Maintain a positive attitude by focusing on solutions and promoting a collaborative and enjoyable environment.
- Respectful: Value teamwork, share successes, appreciates others and communicates in a way that promotes trust.
- Insightful: Make timely well-considered decisions, create innovative solutions and continuously learn.
- Direct: Communicate clearly and objectively; don't be afraid of difficult conversations. Raise concerns through the proper channels.
- Earnest: Be honest, sincere and consistent. Work hard and pursue our goals together relentlessly.
Ready to Apply?
If you think you would be a good fit for this position, we would love to hear from you! Please apply by submitting your resume to our corporate team by clicking the "Apply" button above.
Want to Learn More?
Credit Acceptance is a rapidly-expanding company with unlimited growth opportunities. Learn more about what makes us a great place to work by clicking here.
Required degrees must have been earned at institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Credit Acceptance is an equal opportunity employer.