Dir Key Accounts
Location: Birmingham, AL
Harland Clarke Corp. is a leading provider of best-in-class integrated payment solutions, marketing services, retail products, high-value transactional print and electronic documentation, and security solutions. The 140 year old company serves multiple industries including financial, insurance and investment services, big-box retailing, accounting software, commercial, direct selling associations, and franchising. Its clients range in size from major corporate brands and trade groups to small businesses and individual consumers. They are served through three business divisions: Payment Solutions, Marketing Services and Retail Channels. For more information, visit www.harlandclarke.com.
The NCP Solutions’ Division (NCP) is an extension of the Marketing Services Division (HCMS). The Director Client Relations will intensely focus on delivering value at all relationship levels through Products and Solutions offerings to Clients and prospects within the assigned districts. This includes leading and managing Client Relations’ Managers assigned to the district. Directly responsible for relationship development within current and prospective clients. Directly responsible for revenue and profitability growth from existing and prospective clients. Responsible for understanding and communicating the organizations vision and acting as a catalyst for change to increase sales effectiveness.
Maximize account relationships and cross selling while controlling expenses by managing assigned CRMs. This includes managing district, training, evaluating, staffing and motivating. Directly responsible for client retention and accelerated or new client growth.
Key Duties / Responsibilities - Essential duties are identified by asterisks.
*Enterprise Perspective & Strategic Alignment: Coordinates and directs all sales activities for assigned district. Forecasts district’s 12- month sales. Develops an Annual Strategy document and recommends relationship objectives, plans and strategies to Senior Vice President (including market share analysis, competition overview, staffing plans, risk identification, retention plan, etc.) Reports to the Senior Vice President on market conditions, trends, competitors’ activities, sales opportunities, and major problems affecting sales. Submits all required reports accurately and in a timely manner. Understands and positively communicates company vision, goals and objectives to sales teams and others. Maintains District operational and development plan to ensure support of annual Transactional Document Division Goal Deployment initiatives. ( 30%) *
• Leadership: Attracts, selects, retains and develops high caliber talent by recognizing organizational, as well as, individual needs, while creating an environment that provides direction and promotes continuous learning and development. Ability to work with clients as a strategic client to improve and strengthen the customer experience using systematic approaches that results in process improvements, reduced errors and waste elimination. Acts as a consultant to the clients for development of new and innovative products, programs and customized solutions, leading to increased channel shift / growth, small business revenue growth, and retention / resign of account (s). (20%) *
• Will work with CRMs within assigned accounts to identify prospective client opportunities to develop new business revenue in the territory. Establishes and maintains contacts with key account management that represent major market area volume at the manager/director level. Works closely with and supports Strategic Account Executives. Monitors sales volume and attains sales expense objective for assigned sales district. Selects and directs sales efforts for target accounts. ( 20%) *
• Client & Market Focus: Builds alliances with internal and external clients to meet expectations. Understands client needs and challenges and establishes and maintains effective relationships to gain trust and respect and deliver value. (20%) *
• Conducts performance reviews for CRMs in assigned accounts and recommends appropriate promotions and compensation to Sr. Vice President, while developing successors and talent pools to key positions. ( 10%) *
• Travel as required to fulfill district and/or client requirements. *
• Follow company policies and procedures. *
All employees are responsible for demonstrating the company's Core Values at all times and for using Performance Excellence principles to continuously improve effectiveness, efficiency, products, and services. This includes, but is not limited to, participating on improvement teams, recommending and implementing improvement ideas, and participating in training and other activities to keep up to date on processes, information, etc.
All employees are responsible for supporting and complying with internal and external audits, to include providing information, performing assigned tasks to ensure compliance, and preparing and maintaining evidence that key duties identified as internal controls have been performed.
All employees are responsible for supporting and complying with safety and security policies to promote a healthy working environment.
Education & Knowledge Required
Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
Experience / Skills / Abilities Required
Minimum 10+ years sales experience, at least 5 years managing major account clientships or larger territory within Community Market Division. 3-4 years management experience.
Proven leadership/supervisory experience
Managed project teams through the formation, development and implementation process, ensuring clients’ processes are followed.
Ability to deliver clear, convincing, and well organized presentations
Successfully managed a territory or client
Led team / project with successful and measurable results
Preferred completion of Sales Excellence, Sales Negotiations & Strategic Sales Presentations courses and be able to role model these behaviors. (Internal Only)
Preferred completion of Time and Territory Management and/or Major Account Planning & Strategy courses (Internal Only)
Excellent organizational, leadership, interpersonal skills, problem-solving skills, and a high level of independent judgment in decisions relating to developing new business, closing a sale, resolving procedural problems employed with proposals.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
This position supervises a district of Sr. Account Executives and Account Executives.
Communication & Contacts Required
Constant interaction with customers, other Sales staff, Corporate, Contact Center and Plant staff.
Position requires extensive problem solving skills and independent judgment. Responsible for decisions regarding specific district and staff.
Leadership & Performance Excellence Competencies
Key Markets Division is expected to lead the company in Performance Excellence Behaviors. Director- KMD is expected to exhibit the following Leadership & behaviors and act as a role model:
• Customer Focus
• Trust & Integrity
• Employee Engagement
• Measurement, Analysis & Knowledge Management
• Process Management
• Employee Development
• Goal Setting
• Business Acumen \
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
Harland Clarke Holdings, to include its affiliated and subsidiary companies (Harland Clarke, Valassis, Scantron, NCP Solutions, NCH Marketing Services, Clipper Magazine), is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our Recruiting Coordinator, Laurel Reddish at .