Location: Holland, MI
Electrical Technician (Direct Hire)
Salary Range: $30K-$50k/year based on experience
Schedule: M-F 7am-3:30pm- OT may be required and some travel may be required.
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS YOU:
- World leader in the design and manufacture of rotary filling , rinsing, capping and enclosure systems
- Premier manufacturer of ESL equipment
- Serve a growing number of dairy, water, food and beverage, pharmaceutical, and consumer product goods companies around the world
- Family owned and operated since 1956
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- Standard benefit package including medical, dental, vision, flex spending accounts, and 401K plan with a match
- Paid Vacation, Sick Time and 7 paid holidays
- 4 Company Picnics a year
- Provides Controls Engineering support for company products and services worldwide.
- Take directions from Controls Engineers-Level I and Level II to design and document new products and product line enhancements of an electrical nature.
- Works with manufacturing to determine the best manufacturing processes for existing and new products.
- Works with quality personnel to insure that all quality aspects of product design and manufacturing are met by applying engineering principals under direct supervision of Controls Engineers – Level I and II.
- Promote a positive attitude, understand and promote company mission and values. Must be able to work independently and accept accountability.
- Must have excellent, effective verbal and written communication skills, share information with others prior to decisions and after decisions in a timely manner. Listen effectively and accept constructive criticism.
- Ability to take independent action solving problems, seek out new responsibilities, act on opportunities, generate new ideas and manage risk of new ideas, work to promote self-development.
- Must have a common sense/practical approach, ability to make thoughtful and timely decisions, get clarity of issue or objective by getting input in the decision making process and show consideration for the impact of the decisions.
- Show openness to new ideas, ability to adapt to change and assume new responsibilities. Must be able to handle pressure and uncertainty, adjust work plans to meet changing company and customer needs.
- Builds electrical panels and wires machines using the engineering schematics, bill of materials, and panel layouts. Use procedures and directions determined by UL and engineering.
- Monitor wire stock and order replacements as needed. Monitor electrical stock and order replacements as needed. Determines proper material selection by performing static and dynamic engineering calculations with the aid of computer-aided design (CAD, personal computers (PC) and calculators).
- Assist Controls Engineers Level I & II to debug and trouble shoot control systems as needed.
- Provide project leadership on major installation or revision of machines and equipment, including direct production of electrical controls. Weld wire ways to machine bases, run conduit, pull cables, read blueprints and wire machines accordingly, track BOM parts and make sure they arrive on time. Work with assembly department to coordinate timing of wiring and machine startup. Build electrical panels, assist in machine disassembly for shipping. Test safety circuits.
- Documents all projects and maintain in master engineering file. Insure that a bill of materials and electrical schematic are placed in the engineering file of each machine.
- Assist in assembling prototype product using power and hand tools. Lifts/moves parts weighing up to 40 pounds, during engineering evaluations to determine form, fit and function.
- Assist and Support development programs which will increase cost efficiency resulting in smoother workflow for manufacturing. Including testing and analysis of materials, processes and prototypes. Prepares test requests, monitors tests, and evaluates test performance per agency and industry standards.
- Analyzes competitive products by evaluating materials, manufacturing processes, product performance and packaging.
- Keep wiring areas clean and organized.
- Contacts and when necessary visits customers, suppliers, and agencies to obtain information relative to existing products, purchased parts, material selections, or manufacturing processes.
- Travel and provide engineering field support for machine installation, startup and service for all of customer base and/or our dealer/agents, maintaining optimum quality customer service, as required.
- Support customers, Sales Department and Purchasing Department on project control specifications. Answer controls and electrical related customer service telephone calls.
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times representing company in a professional and courteous manner.
- When other Departments require additional assistance due to production demands, you may be required to help in that department.
- High School Diploma
- 5 years’ experience with wiring, maintenance, production, packaging industry preferred.
- Electrical wiring experience in an OEM atmosphere
- Attention to detail and quality of work
- Must be able to debug machine wiring, and high and low voltage circuits.
- Self-motivated and ability to see what needs to be done
- Communication skills and willingness to take on challenges
- May include machine design, tooling, controls or field maintenance, mechanical desktop, 3-D drawing, Excel, Word, Autocad and/or Internet experience. Valid Passport.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have PC/Computer skills, which include knowledge of word processing, data analysis and spreadsheet applications.
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Candidates will be subject to a criminal background check, drug screen and physical (re: travel)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
To apply directly, please send resumes to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]