GC Semi-Volatile Chemist
Location: Holland, MI
ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
The primary purpose of this position is to analyze samples using GC techniques for the following parameters: DRO, GRO/PVOCs, RSK-175, Alcohols, Amines, Glycols, PCBs and Pesticides. Peer Assistance with maintenance and troubleshooting of instruments and in the development of new methods or modifications to procedures will also be required.
- Analyze sample following EPA methodologies.
- Document activities and report results in a concise and accurate manner.
- Evaluate, approve, and analyze the results of QC samples.
- Identify and report quality problems to the supervisor or QA department.
- Perform routine instrument maintenance procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Possess a general knowledge of organic chemistry fundamentals; ability to understand terminology and principals in order to comply with analytical methods.
- Possess strong computer skills with knowledge in Excel and Microsoft Word; experience with or ability to learn industry specific software such as Target and Chemstation and our laboratory information management system, Horizon in a timely manner.
- Multi-tasked, organized, detail oriented, and possess excellent problem solving capabilities; will have good time management capabilities and be able to work independently of supervision.
- Ability to take ownership for meeting goals and objectives; willing to be accountable for own decisions, and willing to give 100%. Able to look for new ways to accomplish objectives.
- Proficient English verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate well with staff, management and clients in a professional manner.
- 4 year degree in a scientific field (chemistry, biology, etc)
- Minimum of 2 years experience in an environmental testing laboratory.
- The ability to stand for intervals of up to 8 hours while working;
- Able to speak and hear clearly while communicating with co-workers and managers;
- Dexterity in hands and fingers to operate equipment and handle glassware;
- Must have average vision and able to see to read reports and operate equipment;
- Hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
'ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society'
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation Poster