Location: Pine Bluff, AR
Name: Alex English
Our Nurse Practitioner provide a full range of medical services for inmates. Works under the supervision of the Site Medical Director and other site Physicians and in accordance with established policy and procedure as well as within the state guidelines. Provides required documentation of services to the Site Medical Director or designee in order to monitor provision of clinical services. Notifies the Medical Director and H.S.A. regarding changes in schedule coverage. Assists in arrangements for coverage of medical services if unavailable for an extended period of time.
- Reports to assigned facility at designated hour to examine referred patients.
- Conducts on-site chronic care clinics and sick call as established by Site Medical Director, Health Services Administrator or designee.
- Conducts infirmary rounds as established by Site Medical Director, Health Services Administrator or designee and records encounters in the patient's progress notes.
- Ensures progress note documentation is in SOAP format, problem oriented, corresponds to the therapeutic order and is dated, timed and legible.
- Adheres to the established formulary for therapeutic regimens before using non-formulary procedure.
- Respond to a code or health emergency within standard guidelines.
- Makes pertinent observations and draws logical conclusions, which validate need for non-formulary drug, which is recorded on non-formulary form and submitted to the Medical Director for approval.
- Utilizes available in-house resource personnel for treatment or resolution of identified problems before using off-site referral, if possible.
- Provides emergency treatment on-site and responds appropriately in urgent or emergency situations.
- Supports standards of medical care through adherence to existing policies and procedures for: Admission to the infirmary (when one is on site); Transfer to emergency room; Utilization review process for specialty consultant referrals
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for his/her individual judgments and actions.
- Reports any doubts or questions regarding the lack of appropriate referrals, nursing or medical intervention necessary for the realization of established patient goals to the Medical Director or Health Services Administrator for disposition.
- Uses Universal or Standard Precautions at all times.
- Prescribes a planned regimen of total patient care, which is adequate, problem-oriented and appropriate to the needs of the patient.
- Keeps patient information confidential and respects patient's rights to privacy, in accordance with accepted confidentiality practices for incarcerated individuals.
- Provides input into facility mandatory committees such as Pharmacy and Therapeutics and Medical Audit Committee as requested by Site Medical Director, Health Services Administrator or designee.
- Must obtain and maintain security clearance
- Must maintain privileges
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
CCS is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, and hold an advanced degree in an approved and accredited Nurse Practitioner program
- Prior medical/surgical and/or emergency/trauma experience and corrections experience preferred
- Must have the patience and tact to deal with the inmate population and ability to work effectively in the corrections environment
- Scheduling flexibility is required to be able to rotate hours and shifts, if needed, and to be called during emergency situations to provide coverage
- Current licensure as a Nurse Practitioner within the state
- Current CPR Certification