Location: Richmond, VA
.NET Architect Summary:
Signature Consultants has an immediate opening for a contract-to-hire .NET Architect for a client in Richmond, VA. The .NET Architect will perform technical analysis, database design, prototyping, coding and unit testing of applications with high quality deliverables. The Architect will assist with application architecture design as well as be responsible for writing technical documentation as necessary by the Development Methodology and Standards.
- Responsible for the security, quality, and performance of developed applications.
- Apply and acquire business and product knowledge in the performance of assigned projects.
- Provide direct input into the on-going improvement of standards and processes. Incorporate innovative ideas and approaches to the software development team.
- Write application and database codes based on business requirements or user stories, architectural requirements, and established coding standards.
- Participate in the review of business epics and stories.
- Validate code against business and architectural requirements.
- Create and test prototypes.
- Perform application unit testing.
- Participate in peer code reviews.
- Troubleshoot applications and resolve defects.
- Work within an agile framework.
- Prioritize and execute tasks.
- Communicate ideas in both technical and user friendly language.
- Update and maintain product documentation.
- Escalate issues and impediments in a timely manner.
- Work within established framework and processes.
- Provide constructive feedback to team members at all levels of the organization.
- Participate in development community both within and outside of company.
- Participate in Support Engineers COPs., research committees, and subcommittees.
- Participate in test and code reviews.
- Design, build, and test applications and database solutions.
- Assist Dev Ops with implementation plans.
- Provide on call support as needed.
- Utilize skills in data analysis, data verification, and problem solving.
- Provide accurate breakdown tasks and estimates for coding and development unit testing efforts.
- Mentor and knowledge share with team members.
- Assist with technical interviews and talent recruitment.
- Hold team accountable for agile framework.
- Other duties as directed.
- 1+ year experience in software development
- Demonstrated proficiency in an object oriented programming language.
- Strong knowledge of team-oriented and collaborative working environments.
- Must have a demonstrated knowledge of software design and development principles.
- Proven ability in relational database design and development principles.
- Proven web development skills including the following: HTML5, CSS, Java, jQuery, Python, PHP or Ruby, mySQL
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent listening and feedback skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and consensus-building skills.
- Excellent verbal, telephone, and written communication skills.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Understanding of Agile methodology principles preferred.
- Software configuration management skills desired.
- Continuous integration and deployment knowledge is a plus.
- Mobile development skills preferred.
- Responsive and/or adaptive design knowledge a plus.
- UI/UX principles desired.
- Wireframe / layout experience
- Experience with HL7 desired.
- Experience with creation and maintenance of online Registries and Surveys is preferred.
- Knowledge of Big Data and analytics is desired
- Active participation in the technical community desired.
- API development experience a plus.
- MVC/pattern proficiency a plus.
About Signature Consultants, LLC
- 4-year degree in Computer Science or related field, or 3 years of professional IT experience
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the seventh consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the "Best Staffing Firms to Work For" and is now the 15th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 25 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com.