Team Lead, Trade
Location: Flagstaff, AZ
This position works closely with the Department Manager(s) and/or the Store Manager to ensure all processes related to the ordering, receiving, pricing, and merchandising of trade product are executed within operational standards, to drive sales and profits associated with this product line.
This position also assists customers and recommends book selections based on knowledge of current literature and publishers' catalogs and book reviews. Act as leader on duty responding to customer and associate concerns in absence of store manager, as well as opening and closing the store and ensuring all bookstore property and team members are safe and secure.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Leads the work activities of department team members, both PT and Temporary including:
- Coaches and develops team members.
- Ensures shelves and other displays are stocked, restocked and maintained according to company standards.
- Ensures markup or markdowns are taken according.
- Receives shipments, verifying invoice reflects correct merchandise, is complete and merchandise is not damaged or defective, prices and enters into inventory.
- Prepares purchase orders and places special orders.
- Provides coverage for selling floor and ensures customers are helped in a timely manner.
- Partners to create and maintain a Hassle Free customer service culture, focused on solutions-based selling and an exceptional customer experience.
- Assists customers and suggests selection of books based on knowledge of current literature and familiarity with publishers' catalogs and book reviews.
- Prepares books for return as directed by Department Manager or Home Office Trade Book Department.
- Assists in rush/buyback activities and ensures team members follow company and store policies and procedures.
- Assists the department manager, and merchandises the department, including setting up signage and advertising for the department to promote seasonal, school and special event recognition days or weeks.
- Assisting the department manager, ensures the WinDSS ticketing processes are followed and that all merchandise is accurately ticketed.
- Verifies that cashiers are using the correct sku numbers for special events and special orders and that dump skuing is kept to a minimum.
- Conducts and audits inventory cycle counts.
- Acts as key carrier with store opening and closing responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree preferred.
- 3+ years of previous customer service and/or retail experience. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Beginner proficiency in MS Office and computer literacy; ability to operate store computer.
- Non-standard work hours required. This can include nights, weekends and special events.