Commercial Real Estate Portfolio Manager I
Location: Baltimore, MD
Title: Commercial Portfolio Manager I – Commercial Real Estate
Location: Baltimore, MD
Provide direct support to Group Manager, Senior Credit Officer, and Relationship Managers (RM’s) in regard to credit underwriting, portfolio management, compliance, and monitoring of new and existing customers within the commercial real estate loan portfolios.
• Liaison between Commercial Banking RMs and Loan Analysis for the purpose of preparing and facilitating annual loan reviews and renewals. Includes tracking the receipt of financial statements, compliance of covenants, and borrowing base certificates in addition to underwriting, and scheduling the presentation of analyses at various loan committees.
• Attend client/prospect calls with RMs in order to gain a thorough understanding of the client/prospect and their business in order to effectively assist in annual reviews, renewals, and prospect conversions.
• Support underwriting efforts by completing due diligence on prospects including: trade reference verification, credit reports and industry/company research.
• Analyze financial information.
• Assist RMs in preparing cash-flow and collateral schedules, covenant sensitivity calculations, financial models, and guarantor statement analysis.
• Proactively identify warning signs of declining creditworthiness and work with RM’s to ensure early intervention in order to minimize losses.
• Support RMs to ensure new and ongoing credit facilities are documented and closed according to the approval document.
• Perform other related duties and special projects as requested by management.
• Incumbent works under general supervision and will work very closely with Group Manager, Senior Credit Officer, and RMs in all aspects of the loan process. Impact extends to the Bank’s long-term operations, revenues, and profitability.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance (or related discipline) with a minimum of 2 years Accounting, Finance, or Credit professional work experience; or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 6 years higher education and/or relevant work experience to include a minimum of 2 years Accounting, Finance, or Credit professional work experience.
• Thorough knowledge of various software programs Word and Excel.
• Excellent analytical ability.
• Excellent communication and organization skills.
• Ability to interact with external and internal personnel using tact and diplomacy.
• Ability to work under critical time constraints.
Ideal Qualifications Preferred:
• Experience related to residential land development and residential home building.
• Commercial real estate lending experience.
• Knowledge of credit principles.
• Highly motivated, detail-oriented self-starter.