Senior Account Representative
Location: Anchorage, AK
Responsible for increasing sales and margins by building relationships with assigned group of accounts, and conducts outside sales.
• Qualifies accounts by determining market potential.
• Calls on accounts and solicits business.
• Increases sales and margins to existing and new customers.
• Resolves problems such as customer claims, product application, etc.
• Identifies all buying influences.
• Makes regularly scheduled visits with each account.
• Develops long-term relationship and influences buying decisions.
• Provides quotations either directly or in conjunction with inside salesperson.
• Demonstrates products to customers.
• Makes joint calls with vendors who represent lines which have been selected.
• Provides feedback to branch management regarding market levels, products to stock, etc.
• Increases account penetration, in terms of products sold, etc.
• Conducts training.
• Works trade fair booths.
• Maintains appropriate account representative manuals, and keeps customer information current.
EXPERIENCE:Outside sales in industry - 3 years experience recommendedTrack record of success in business to business sales EDUCATION:High School Degree or Equivalent required; Bachelors' Degree preferred SKILLS/REQUIREMENTS:Excellent verbal and written communications skillsAbility to convincingly persuade othersAbility to clearly and effectively set goalsComputer literacy Working Environment:
• Outside Sales – Work is generally performed in an office environment, but employee may need to travel to customer sites or warehouse facilities. Driving may be required for an extended period of time with frequent stops and starts. Can be exposed to outdoor weather conditions. physical requirements:
• Employee required to sit and drive a vehicle to perform their job. mental requirements:
• Employee required to organize and coordinate schedules.
• Employee required to problem-solve.
• Employee required to communicate with the public.