Senior Architect, Project Manager
Location: White Plains, NY
Why Choose Arcadis:
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.About This Business Line
Arcadis is seeking a Senior Architect, with 15 or more years’ experience, to join our Water Division team out of one of the following offices;
White Plains NY
This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated individual, to join our team and with the support of a nationally recognized technical staff from one of the best-qualified consulting firms in the country. The Sr. Architect will get involved in commercial, industrial and municipal water / wastewater infrastructure design and construction projects around in the tristate area and nationally. They will utilize their expertise and technical knowledge to manage design and construction projects, coordination of sub-consultants and interact with various stakeholders.
Position responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Project design including concept through construction documents, code analysis, generate basis of design reports, coordination with disciplines and scheduling.
- Uses both their oral and written communication skills to effectively lead and conduct progress, project, safety, scheduling and other contract administration meetings with client, local agencies and the community.
- Provides design and construction leadership through all phases of projects up to and including managing contracts, maintaining quality assurance requirements and approaches, and monitoring code compliance issues.
- Manages daily design/construction administrative activities on projects and client concerns on design/construction-related matters, including regular progress updates; performance of contractors, safety, subcontractors and any issues related to these; and any changes or deviation from plan required, on a regular basis.
- Other responsibilities will include obtaining field information related to the answering of correspondence, RFI's and review of shop drawings.
- Will monitor performance against project schedules and milestones and Q/A standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 15 years experience.
- Registered Architect.
- Bachelors degree in Architecture or related field.
- Experience with masonry, concrete and steel construction design and detailing in municipal and industrial environments.
- Experience managing design budgets, construction budgets, scheduling and cost estimating.
- Excellent Client Management and overall communication skills with strong leadership experience.
- MS Office Suite (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- AutoCAD experience and proficiency.
- 20+ years’ experience.
- Proficiency with Primavera and/or MS Projectster's in Architecture.
- Proficiency with Primavera and/or MS Project.
- Proficiency with Revit.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.