Janitor - Fort Smith
Location: Fort Smith, AR
AmeriCold Logistics, the largest provider of temperature controlled distribution services in the US is seeking a Janitor to join the team at our Fort Smith, Arkansas facility.
Primary Responsibility: Under general supervision, the Janitor will keep buildings in office, break rooms, bathrooms, yard/ground, parking lots warehouse and/or dock areas in a clean and orderly condition. Ensures sanitation of work areas.
- Perform heavy cleaning duties such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass and removing rubbish.
- Perform routine maintenance activities, notifying management of need for repairs, and cleaning snow or debris from grounds.
- May be required to ensure that pest control systems are operating effectively and report any problems to supervisor.
- Remove ice and snow from pedestrian walkways and parking lots as seasonally required.
- Keep company grounds free of litter and debris.
- Work safely. Report hazards to shift supervisor.
- Follow attendance policy, show up for work on time and ready to work assigned shift.
- Wash and/or sweep insides of trailers and/or railcars.
- Other duties as requested.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Ability to follow written or verbal instructions.
- Ability to solve routine problems.
- Ability to understand and follow all safety rules, procedure manuals, and diagrams.
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment
- Knowledge of safe use of cleaning chemicals
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of cleaning procedures and janitorial techniques
- Ability to work independently
- Occasionally works overtime, evenings, or weekends in order to complete work or to attend meetings
- Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred plus 1 year related work experience.
- Tools and Technology: May be required to use cleaning equipment such as steamers, floor scrubbers and carpet cleaners
Physical Requirements: While performing the essential functions of this job, the associate is frequently required to use hands to handle objects; talk or hear; stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and taste or smell. The associate is frequently exposed to extreme cold. The noise level in the warehouse is usually moderate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential functions for this position and meet the physical requirements needed to perform them. Related Keywords: