IP Network Engineer
Location: Jonesboro, AR
Genesis10 is currently in need of a Senior IP Network Engineer for a leading telecommunications company in Jonesboro, AR. This is a contract to hire position and must be able to relocate.
The IP Network Engineer is responsible for technology evaluation, equipment standardization, network architecture and service development on the Ritter Communications IP network.
Essential Job Functions:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Evaluate and standardize technologies and architectures in relation to the infrastructure and service needs
- Negotiate with vendors as well as generate quote requests and orders
- Attends various meetings with management, departments and vendors to ensure company objectives are met. Participates in inter-departmental planning meetings to coordinate and communicate activities related to the successful completion of projects
- Work closely with other engineering teams, network and field technicians, product development and OSS teams to design and roll out new data infrastructure, technologies and services
- Work closely with Product Marketing to ensure successful delivery of all technical components of new services and service enhancements
- Work closely with NOC personnel to develop handoff documentation and training packages to ensure new technologies and services are supportable by the operations group
- Configuring and commissioning network elements
- Running technology and service trials
- Travel required to project areas and job sites
- Performs other duties as assigned by Service Engineering Manager
Education and Experience:
- Demonstrated and in depth knowledge of modern service provider data networks, technologies and protocols such as IS-IS, OSPF, BGP4, MPLS, MPLS-TP
- Demonstrates knowledge and the ability to design Layers 1, 2, and 3 of the OSI model
- In depth knowledge of Cisco routing hardware, software, protocols and configurations
- Strong working knowledge of IP security architecture and protocols
- Solid experience in designing and supporting IP networks for voice, data and video in a Service Provider environment using SIP, MGCP, RTP, Multicasting, and Unicasting
- Working knowledge of QOS technology involving Diffserv, Traffic Queuing and Policing
- Skill in troubleshooting, problem identification and resolution
- Skill in oral and written communication with the ability to communicate with customers, employees, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner
- Skill in reading and interpreting technical documents such as vendor deployment guidelines, white papers and configuration manuals
- Ability to both work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments
If interested and qualified, please apply today at www.genesis10.com!
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent plus three to six years of telecommunications technical experience
- Five to ten years of relevant telecommunications technical experience if no degree has been obtained
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com. Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.