Memory Care/Heartland Village Leader II (Clinical) - RN Required
Location: Mobile, AL
Job ID 2016-2628
Type Full-Time (FT)
# of Openings 1
Job Locations US - AL - Mobile
Posted Date 12/12/2016
Community Heritage Woods
Department Memory Care
Our mission at Elmcroft Senior Living is a dedication to enriching the lives of the individuals who live and work with us by responding to their unique needs and universal desire for dignity and respect.
Our values are grounded in respect, creativity, humility, accountability, compassion and kindness, integrity, and the passionate pursuit of excellence.
If you believe in this mission and honor our values, please consider joining our team.
The Heartland Leader is responsible for the overall implementation, delivery, and coordination of the memory support neighborhood resident services, including health services and activities, at the community. Responsible for communicating and upholding the "person-centered" approach to caregiving and programming.
Equal Opportunity Employer Qualifications:
- Is completely familiar with the state regulations governing Assisted Living and memory support care, ensuring compliance in department by regularly reviewing regulations checklist.
- Meets Elmcroft Standards established for the Nursing, Activities, and Heartland Village departments, as applicable.
- Assists in the development and/or refinement of the dementia policies and procedures.
- Reports regulatory compliance issues to Resident Services Director, Executive Director and Quality Services Manager.
- Performs timely and accurate resident assessments in collaboration with the Resident Services Director, utilizing assessment tool, and communicates changes to the Executive Director for billing purposes.
- Obtains appropriate admission paperwork prior to admission.
- Confers with the Resident Services Director/Executive Director regarding assessments of residents, admissions, and participates in discussions regarding resident discharge based on discharge criteria.
- Provides oversight with medication management to assure all MAR's are correct and that the residents receive medications timely and accurately.
- Ensures all charting is performed timely and in accordance with state regulations.
- Participates in the 100 hours/100 days program as required by position to assist residents in adjusting to their new home.
- Provides timely and honest communication with families in order to promote good relationships and keep them informed about resident's condition and community events; offers education, information, and support as needed.
- Maintains outreach and education efforts throughout the community to promote the marketing effort.
- Provides marketing support within the community by participating in tours, discussions with potential residents and their families, and possible referral source visits, if deemed necessary. Provides assessments for potential residents to determine their eligibility for the Heartland Village, based on established admission and discharge criteria.
- Confers with Resident Services Director/ Executive Director regarding assessments of residents, admissions, and participates in discussions regarding resident discharge based on discharge criteria.
- Obtains appropriate Heartland Village admission paperwork prior to admission. Conducts mini-mental or other assessments as required or has it conducted through an outside source, in coordination with the Community Relations Director and the Resident Services Director.
- Creates Resident Histories and Profiles with family involvement. Creates Bullet Cards with information from histories. Shares information with staff.
- Manages expenses within given budget parameters utilizing spend-down sheets.
- Plans a varied monthly activity calendar using the Daily Program Schedule and using Resident History and Profiles to determine resident interests.
- Arranges for appropriate spiritual activities as reflected by resident preferences.
- Participates in the planning and coordination of Family Nights.
- Posts a community calendar monthly according to Elmcroft Standards.
- Encourages all residents to participate in some or all of activities according to their abilities and preferences. Maintains record of resident attendance.
- Works with the Community Relations Director and/or Healthy Lifestyles Director in planning and assisting with all community programs which involve residents/staff/family participation.
- Works in collaboration with the Healthy Lifestyles Director to arrange for a variety of entertainment to be brought to the community for the entertainment of the residents.
- Arranges for a variety of exercise opportunities suitable for the elderly population to enhance residents' mobility, strength, bone mass, and social interaction.
- Communicates with other department heads and staff in order to gain necessary participation in activities as necessary.
- Keeps sufficient activity program and craft supplies on hand for in-house entertainment.
- Facilitates, co-facilitates, or arranges monthly Alzheimer's support group for families and outside community.
- Creates positive employee relations through staff appreciation programs, recognition of excellent performance, and retention through regular feedback systems and promotional incentive programs.
- Observes and models appropriate caregiving, programming, and interaction skills with the direct care staff.
- Provides appropriate guidance for employees by planning work schedules, assigning work duties while on shift, and directing the work on a daily basis.
- Assures responsibilities for Daily Program assignments are clearly delineated.
- Oversees, directs, and models appropriate caregiving, programming, and interaction skills with the direct care staff.
- Develop/refine and lead in-depth Alzheimer's/dementia care staff training for new staff; provide quarterly training as need needed and provide in-services as needed to keep staff abreast of current practices.
- Arranges for required and appropriate orientation, education, training, and inservices for staff in accordance with licensing requirements, state guidelines, and the needs of the community. Documents all training as required.
- Maintains a high level of daily communication with staff and key personnel.
- Stays educated on Alzheimer's related topics (books, videos, conferences, etc.)
- Provides on-call backup to community when not on duty, as assigned.
- Participates in the Manager on Duty Program, as assigned.
- •Is fully knowledgeable of the fire evacuation and disaster policy of the community and participates as assigned in fire and disaster drills.
- Maintains confidentiality of all pertinent personal or health information concerning residents and staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned and which relate to the success of Elmcroft and the Care, Comfort, and Happiness of our residents.
Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university. One to three years related experience and/or training in working with the Alzheimer's population; or equivalent combination of education and supervisory experience.
Assisted Living Activities certification, preferred. LPN designation is REQUIRED.