Location: Scottsville, TX
The general purpose of this position is responsible all aspects of railcar repair and maintenance. The person must be able to read and understand blueprints, make car repairs in compliance with FRA & AAR rules and keep good repair records. Ensure all company guidelines are met and all safety rules are followed when performing duties
Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities are listed below. Other duties may be assigned.
• Interpret job work orders to perform required repairs
• Coordinate and complete repairs in an efficient manner and within assigned hours
• Notify supervisor of any materials and/or equipment required to ensure completion of job tasks
• Interact with crew members in a team environment, as well as with supervisor
• Follow all safety rules, keep work area clean and comply with all GBW Environmental Health and Safety Policies
• Ensure AAR, GBW and customer quality assurance standards are met
• Any other duties as assigned such special projects
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to read and write English at a high school level
• Work in hot and cold environment, in and out of the weather; work safely around heavy equipment and on top of and under railcars, as well as around railroad tracks.
• Knowledge of machines and tools required to weld, cut and gouge
• Perform/ prioritize multiple tasks with attention to details.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions including basic blue prints and schematics.
• Basic mechanical skills and the ability to read a tape measure
• Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including but not limited to steel toed boots, eye protection, ear plugs, gloves, hot work PPE, and fall protection.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled