Team Lead, General Merchandise
Location: Flagstaff, AZ
This position works closely with the Department Manager(s) or Store Manager to receive, price, stock and display books and/or merchandise to meet the needs of the store's customers, drive sales and profits. May assist Team Members with completing the work of the department. Acts as leader on duty, responding to customer and team member concerns in absence of store manager, as well as opening and closing the store and ensuring all bookstore property and team members are safe and secure.
- Leads the work activities of sales associates, FT/PT and Temporary including:
- Leads the activities of the Team Members in the department according to established guidelines
- Assist customers and suggests selection of merchandise
- Ensures shelves and other displays are stocked, restocked and maintained according to company standards
- Leads and may assist sales associates with processing online orders including but not limited to:
- Enters sales
- Pulls books and merchandise and prepares same for customer pick-up or shipment.
- Communicates order status to customers
- Performs periodic website maintenance
- Ensures markup or markdowns are taken according
- Conducts store walkthroughs on a daily basis to ensure proper stock levels, inventory placement and customer service levels. Ensures stockroom areas are maintained according to store standards. Maintains neat and clean store and work areas.
- Greets and assists customers with inquiries and purchases utilizing cash register to process payments and refunds and resolves escalated customer issues. Partners to create and maintain a Hassle Free customer service culture, focused on solutions-based selling and an exceptional customer experience.
- Responds to student, faculty, staff, alumni and other customer routine questions, deferring more complex/escalated issues to Department Manager.
- Receives and prices merchandise in accordance with company policy, procedures and standards. Handles defective/damaged merchandise in compliance with established procedures.
- Executes promotions and sales as directed by store or department manager and partners with management to ensure proper inventory levels based on sales and trends.
- May assist other store sales associates with completing the work of the department, as well as off-site sales opportunities.
- May be a key holder and responsible for opening and/or closing the store.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of previous customer service and/or retail experience
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Computer literacy; ability to operate store computer.