Commercial Audit Manager
Location: Anchorage, AK
RSM is looking for a dynamic Commercial Audit Manager to join our team in our Anchorage office. You will have the opportunity to work as a team member on diverse client engagements as part of our national and local Commercial practice. Our clients include private equity controlled as well as public companies including national and globally recognized technology companies in the software, life science and hardware sectors, as well as manufacturers, wholesalers, and distributors with diverse organizational structures operating in a variety of industrial and consumer product sectors. For decades, RSM’s audit professionals have been helping clients improve their performance through the most challenging business cycles.
- Provide timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations including coordinating the auditing of all required financial statements, related disclosures, and other client deliverables
- Assess risk along with design and communicate audit procedures to engagement teams
- Manage multiple engagement teams and prepare end-of-engagement evaluations for Staff
- Understand skillsets and capabilities of Senior Associates and Supervisors and monitor and review work product that they prepare and report on performance while articulating coaching notes throughout the process
- Understand and utilize RSM’s Audit Methodology
- Supervise Audit Seniors and Supervisors on engagement teams and function as an in-charge facilitating field work by monitoring and reporting regarding productivity and adherence to work plan schedules on each assignment
- Review control deficiency and compliance letters, with an eye on quality, thoroughness and accuracy
- Maintain contact with clients throughout the year to understand impact of significant developments in client’s business and assess impact on current year audit engagements
- Develop others within the Firm through facilitating levels based or industry training, advising on career development or participating in other Firm initiatives
- Anticipate and address client concerns and escalate issues as they arise
- Understand RSM’s lines of businesses, availability of services and where applicable, discuss with client management of opportunities to make valuable introductions to others in the firm
- Manage profitability of projects
- Ensure professional development through ongoing education
- Willingness to travel 25% of the year, depending on your clients
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting or equivalent degree
- CPA or CA Certification
- 5+ years of current or recent experience in a public accounting environment
- Experience leading teams and mentoring associates
- A proven record of building profitable, sustainable client relationships
- Minimum of 4 years of team lead or in-charge experience overseeing Staff on multiple engagements
- Previous experience auditing clients in the Technology, SEC, Industrial Products, and Consumer Products industries
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- A successful record of directing and deploying Staff and Senior Associates on multiple, simultaneous engagements
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.