Team Lead, Computers
Location: Flagstaff, AZ
This position works closely with the Department Manager(s) or Store Manager to receive, price, stock and display computers and/or computer merchandise to meet the needs of the store's customers, drive sales and profits. May assist sales associates with completing work of the department.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Leads the work activities of sales associates, FT/PT and Temporary including:
- Leads the activities of the sales associates in the department
according to established guidelines.
- Assist customers and suggests selection of computers and computer merchandise.
- Ensures shelves and other displays are stocked, restocked and maintained according to company standards.
- Leads and may assist sales associates with processing online orders including but not limited to; entering sales, pulling computers and computer merchandise, and preparing same for customer pick-up or shipment.
- Communicates order status to customers and performs periodic website maintenance.
- Ensures markup or markdowns are taken according.
- Coordinates work schedules with other departments to insure adequate coverage of the selling floor and telephones at all times.
- Operates a cash register to ring up sales, issue refunds, or to pay out on a buyback; completes discount forms for faculty or employees and refund tickets/slips. Reconciles and balances registers at the end of a shift, or end of the day. Calculates prices, counts cash and may balance register and prepare bank deposits.
- Runs register reports and audits transactions for accuracy. Maintains cashier integrity and conducts unscheduled cashier and buyback audits regularly. Reports discrepancies to Store Manager.
- Fills in for absent employees, and helps out in other areas during periods of high volume. May be assigned projects or certain goals from time to time.
- Answers inquiries and assists customers with their purchase.
- Responds to escalated customer inquiries to ensure optimal resolution and positive customer experience.
- May handle inquiries from faculty, staff, and certain vendors. May accept and complete special orders for merchandise or books from customers and call them when their order arrives.
- Trains new employees and retrains current employees on policies, procedures, asset protection and theft identification and resolution procedures. Uses on-boarding modules to train and cross train employees; uses seasonal training materials in Rush and buyback. May be a key holder in certain Stores and responsible for opening and/or closing the Store.
- Applies shrink prevention practices and activities, such as visible customer service, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate's Degree or higher preferred.
- 3+ years of previous customer service and/or retail experience. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Beginner proficiency in MS Office and computer literacy preferred.
- May travel to off-site sales promotions, sporting events, and special events.