Location: Anniston, AL
The Director of Operations is responsible for planning, directing, and evaluating all clinic operations within their regional operations unit. This role will ensure that the regional operations unit is achieving business, financial, patient satisfaction, and operational objectives by providing oversight of a group of multi-specialty dental and vision practices. This position will direct and develop office manager-level operational positions as they carry out the operating plan while measuring the results of the strategy.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strategic planning under the direction of the VP of Operations and execution at the clinic level to enhance profitability, productivity and efficiency throughout the divisions’ operations.
- Responsible for driving the division to achieve and surpass profitability, cash flow, business goals and objectives while maintaining an acceptable level of quality.
- Work closely with finance to develop and manage budgeting and budget execution.
- Work closely with clinical quality assurance to ensure adherence and enforcement of compliance at the office manager and clinical level.
- Work closely with business intelligence to track and impact performance metrics and reporting and communicate at the divisional/regional level.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management to the division that mirrors the adopted mission and core values of the company.
- Manages the performance management process within the team by ensuring performance issues are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external at the divisional/regional level. Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the division to the VP, Operations.
- Collaborate with divisional directors to develop and implement plans for operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate growth objectives.
- Motivate and lead a high performance operations team at the clinic operations level by attracting, recruiting, retaining, and developing talent.
- Working in partnership with clinical directors to motivate and lead a high performance clinical team at the provider level by attracting, recruiting, retaining, and developing talent.
- Strong facilitation, problem solving, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong PC skills (Microsoft Office; Excel and Word).
- Ability to adapt to constantly changing environment.
- 8+ years operations or related experience; cross-functional experience a plus.
- 5+ years’ leadership or management experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for extended periods of time
- Daily travel required within, travel time approximately 1 to 4 hours
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform this position.
** In accordance with DentaQuest’s Compliance Plan, employee must conduct DQ business in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, professional standards and ethical standards and report potential compliance or ethical issues to manager or DQ’s Compliance Officer. **
DentaQuest’s Affirmative Action Program affirms our commitment to make reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitation of otherwise-qualified individuals with disabilities or special disabled veterans, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please see Human Resources for additional information regarding this Program.