Location: Cape Coral, FL
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Provides efficient service and food preparation according to company policies, procedures, programs and performance standards. POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS:
- Reports to work well groomed, in a clean and proper uniform, and practices good personal hygiene.
- Prepares food products for restaurant usage according to company standards.
- Follows proper receiving, storage, rotating, and food safety and sanitation procedures.
- Monitors and oversees food temperatures during hot and cold handling to reduce the Incidence of risk factors known to cause food borne illness.
- Uses, maintains, and cleans food preparation surfaces, equipment, and storage areas.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
- Communicates with the Manager on Duty or Kitchen Manager and coworkers regarding product/service deficiencies, equipment, safety problems, etc.
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility.
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy stress/pressure during peak times.
- Must be able to communicate.
- Must lift and carry up to 50 pounds for distances up to 30 feet.
- Requires frequent reaching, bending, pushing and pulling.
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold and odors.
- Requires continual standing and walking.
- Repetitive cutting, scooping and slicing motions.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED:
- Receives direction and training from the Kitchen Manager as to specific procedures and assignments.
- Basic skills such as sanitation, safety, and customer service can be taught through in-house training. Ability to manage time effectively.