Location: Jacksonville, FL
Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Technician will be responsible for all equipment quality (inspection, repair, and maintenance); overseeing jobsite assembly and installation (including crew instruction and advisory services); jobsite troubleshooting and repair/replacement.
Duties / Responsibilities:
• Inspection and assessment of all equipment in inventory, including depot stock and inbound equipment from customers/transfers of stock
• Accurate assessment of damages on all equipment returning from customer jobsites
• Timely repair and maintenance of depot stock to maintain high rental-ready inventory
• Testing and certification of all hydraulic equipment to company standards
• Review all outgoing orders for accuracy and equipment quality
• Regular reporting of depot inventory quality and major repair/replacement needs
• Jobsite/Customer Service Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participating in pre-project planning and communications with customers, Sales, and Engineering
• Review of Engineering designs for equipment needs and constructability
• Oversight of order accuracy, equipment delivery, and equipment staging on site
• Crew instructions and installation coordination
• EMV installation and removal
• Equipment troubleshooting and repair on site
• Coordination of design modifications or equipment substitutions with Engineering
• Periodic inspection of equipment and installation on site
• Regular reporting of all jobsite activities and issues
• Maintaining all company standards for safety on jobsites and while traveling to and from work locations
• Promotes a team environment with co-workers and other departments
• Promotes internal and external Customer Service excellence
• Adheres to and upholds Sunbelt’s safety standards
• Other duties as assigned
• Advanced mechanical skills and ability to work with a wide variety of hand tools and power tools
• Working knowledge of hydraulics and structural steel components
• Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
• Excellent communication skills and commitment to customer service
• Travel: up to 50% or more based on project volume and customer need
• Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. unassisted
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
• Must have a clean driving record that would pass approval by our insurer
• Commitment to safety in all facets of work
Education and Work Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Experience with heavy equipment operation, large construction projects, or engineered equipment preferred
Gear up for an exciting career!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.