Location: Opelika, AL
We are seeking an Electrical Controls Supervisor position at our Opelika Mill. The Electrical Controls Supervisor will be a key contributor and provide support to the overall operational and maintenance objectives to reach top quartile mill status. The Electrical Controls Supervisor is responsible for troubleshooting all electrical, instrumental and process malfunctions, including mechanical power transmission equipment and hydraulic and pneumatic systems. In addition, the successful individual will diagnose, repair and overhaul automatic control valves, sensors, positioners, actuators, electrical AC/DC systems and related systems.
Job Requirements/Skill Sets:
- Demonstrated ability to train/impart knowledge to mill personnel. Bring the skill level at the mill up to match the systems now in place.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage and work with mill level personnel, develop understanding of mill needs and deliver the required help in an effect manner.
- Excellent trouble shooting skills – Drives, PLC issues, control issues, electrical. Ability to troubleshoot from afar and talk mill folks effectively through issues.
- Willingness to respond to emergency situations at a given mill, bring a “whatever it takes” mindset to the position.
- Ability to recognize opportunities for improvement and help local mill management see the same. Aid mill in implementing these improvements.
- Assist as required in project planning, startups, helping the mill to meet/exceed ramp expectations. Ability to work with vendors and help expeditiously move the mill beyond the vendors expertise.
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check