Our Nursing program is growing: Full and Part-Time openings
Location: Birmingham, AL
Our Nursing Program in Birmingham is growing, and we are looking to grow our team with dedicated nurses who are passionate about sharing their background and experience with the next generation of nursing professionals. Every day nurses are directly impacting the lives of countless people, and this is your opportunity to make a positive impact on tomorrow’s Nursing professionals. Why are we looking to hire new Nursing Faculty? Our Associate's in Nursing (RN prep) and LPN to Associate in Nursing programs in Birmingham are taught year-around, three semesters a year; Spring, Summer, Fall. As the program grows we are looking for at least one new Full-Time faculty member, and are accepting applicants for Part-Time, Adjunct instructors as well.
When applying to this job posting, you will have the opportunity to indicate if you are interested in Full-Time, Adjunct, or either type of position.
It is important to understand that in an effort to provide the most applicable classroom experience for our students, full-time Nursing Faculty can expect to teach in a clinical environment, as well as the classroom. This means that we are looking for faculty who are excited about staying in the clinical environment! Qualified applicants will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Currently hold an unencumbered licensure in the state of Alabama as a Registered Nurse
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Strong written, verbal, and communication skills
- While not required, previous teaching experience may also be helpful
There are several reasons why Nursing Faculty choose to work at our Birmingham Campus.
Summary of Primary Responsibilities
- As soon as you join the team, you will find a close knit, collaborative team - from the Campus President on down!
- Most faculty immediately recognize that our diverse student population is engaged, and enjoy learning - which, can definitely make the job more enjoyable.
- Herzing also offers full-time employees a competitive benefits package, many of which are available on your first day. This also includes a generous Tuition Waiver Program for full-time employees (and eligible dependents) after one year of employment.
A full job description will be provided during the interview process when you can discuss what this specific role will be, but the position's responsibilities fall into eight basic areas.
- Subject Matter Expertise
- Effective Communication
- Pedagogical Mastery
- Operational Excellence
- Appreciation and Promotion of Diversity
- Assessment of Student Learning
- Utilization of Technology to Enhance Teaching and Learning
- Continuous Improvement
These competencies, as identified by the University’s academic community encompass the knowledge, skills, and behaviors essential to a faculty member’s success in the classroom and provide the basis for the faculty hiring, evaluation and development process.
In addition to teaching in the classroom, developing relationships with our clinical partner sites, and meeting with students during your office hours, our Nursing program has a clinical component. By applying to this job, you are confirming that you are able to do the following, in the classroom, in the simulation labs, and at our clinical sites:
- Consistently communicate using the spoken word with students, staff and colleagues.
- Visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess.
- Operate equipment specific to programmatic track, personal computer, audio-visual equipment, clinical equipment, etc.
- In addition to the above requirements, for programs that include a clinical component, all faculty must be able to:
- Stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects.
- Ability to see and hear within normal parameters.
- Lift up to 25 pounds.
_____________________ ADA Disclaimer:
In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis. #CB