Location: Harrisburg, PA
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of children and families? If so, Capital Area Head Start is the employer for you!
Capital Area Head Start is seeking a full time Center Director to join in the mission of providing a comprehensive child development program designed to give children a head start in life, making it possible for them to succeed at home, school and in the community.
The Center Director is responsible for providing leadership, supervising center operations, programming and staffing to ensure quality services for parents and children. This position provides oversight to ensure that services promote children’s progress across the standards described in the Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework and Pennsylvania Early Learning Standards. The Center Director provides the framework of best practice through curriculum, approach, environment, staff development, leadership, tracking and monitoring data, developing relationships with community partners and ensuring continuity of services for children ages 0 to 5.
- Pay: This is a salaried position starting at $24,171 per year, salaries increase based on experience
- Stretched Pay: Standard salaries are paid throughout the year and include the summer months even though the position only requires work throughout the school year
- Benefits: Keystone Human Services offers a great work environment, excellent benefits, career development and advancement opportunities
- Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE) or Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field with 18 ECE credits or N/K certification
- Supervisory/leadership experience
- Experience working with young children in an early childhood setting
- Experience in home centered education, parent education, or family services program
- Significant experience in early childhood development and developmentally appropriate practices
- Ability and knowledge to maintain compliance with applicable laws and organizational policies and procedures
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Basic computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, email and web based systems
- Successful completion of State, Child Abuse, and FBI clearances
- Valid driver’s license and access to properly insured vehicle, or public transportation
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in ECE
- Participation in Head Start or Early Head Start
Keystone Human Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer