Category Advisor - Rogers, AR
Location: Rogers, AR
Food. Purpose. You.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$17.6 billion during fiscal 2015.
We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
- Lead the development of category objectives, strategies and tactics with the customer.
- Build relationships with and Influence Merchant associated merchant and merchant support teams at Walmart. Analyze and identify opportunities to accelerate total category/department performance.
- Develop information and tools for “best of class performance” with Walmart in recommending distribution, merchandising, and shelving.
- Penetrate modular planning and merchandising.
- Draw excellent planograms for retailer – that are technically accurate, turned in on time and artfully reflect the merchants strategies.
2. Develop actionable consumer insights for competitive advantage
- Achieve an expert level of familiarity with broad and customer specific consumer insights for a defined category including consumer behavior (purchase behavior, demographics, trends, competition)
- Work with consumer insights, Category Management, Divisions and external sources to compile the best category/consumer insights available.
- Define future state for associated categories of merchandise – How will retailers reach consumers in center store.
3. Support organizational development
- Lead, manage, train, and develop analysts as assigned
- Design IDP for self and in conjunction with direct reports
- Work with Customer Manger to support customer specific opportunities
- BS/BA Degree
- 4 + years’ experience in Category Advisor/Analyst Roles supporting Walmart. 6+ years preferred
- People management experience preferred.
- Understand the modular process at Walmart and be able to meet process deadlines
- Should possess strong communication, teamwork, critical thinking, analytic and influencing skills.