IT Network Administrator
Location: Holland, MI
Yanfeng Automotive Interiors (YFAI) is the global leader in automotive interiors. YFAI is redefining how people relax, work and play in their vehicle interiors today and decades from now. Headquartered in Shanghai, the company has 114 manufacturing plants and technical centers in 20 countries and more than 33,000 employees globally. They design, develop and manufacture interior components for all automakers. Established in 2015, Yanfeng Automotive Interiors is a joint venture between Yanfeng Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Huayu Automotive Systems Co., Ltd. (HASCO), the component group of SAIC Motor Corporation Limited (SAIC Motor), and Adient, the global leader in automotive seating. For more information, please visit www.YFAI.com.
Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
You will be part of a global, diverse team. A team that is truly dedicated to anticipating and re-imagining how society will live and work inside the vehicles of tomorrow. You will build strong, personal relationships as you work together to push the boundaries of innovation. The environment will be fast-paced, exciting, challenging. But you will be inspired to adapt and evolve.
Opportunity is yours. Are you ready for the challenge?
This role will be responsible to build and maintain a reliable, secure and efficient data communications network. The ideal candidate will be able to deploy, configure, maintain and monitor all active network equipment in order to ensure smooth network operation.
- Fully support, configure, maintain and upgrade corporate networks and in house servers
- Install and integrate new network hardware and applications
- Monitor and apply needed updates
- Support and administer third-party applications
- Ensure network security and connectivity
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weaknesses
- Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords
- Resolve problems reported by end user
- Define network policies and procedures
- Specify system requirements and design solutions
- Research and make recommendations on network administration
- Provide monthly activity status reports to IT management on major projects and activities that were worked on.
- Track performance metrics to ensure service delivery quality is met or exceeded for all Service Level Agreements.
- Keep immediate manager, as well as other necessary management, informed of current critical situations.
- BSc/BA in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline
- 5+ years of Network administration experience in high volume, Hands on experience in networking, routing and switching
- Knowledge of technical telecommunications systems, video conferencing, computer LAN systems, network protocols (TCP/IP, EIGRP, BGP, MPLS, etc.) and bridging, network monitoring system (such as SolarWinds Orion), load balancers, routers, Cisco Unified Communications applications (Communications Manager, MeetingPlace, Unity), F5, Netscalers and telecommunications test equipment.
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of network infrastructure
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired
- Ability to set up and configure network hardware
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies Problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmically