Environmental Health & Safety Manager (EHS Manager)
Location: Montgomery, AL
This exciting role as an Environmental Health & Safety Manager will be responsible for the Rheem Montgomery Plant’s environmental, health, and safety programs and for compliance with state and federal regulatory guidelines. The incumbent also serves as a shared resource / subject matter expert for the Montgomery Water Heater Division (WHD) and leads and administers all safety initiatives as well as directs plant wide environmental and safety related continuous improvement activities. This position will also manage the Rheem Plant Medical Facility and the Waste Water Treatment operations.
This position will serve our Water Heater Division, located in Montgomery, AL
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate all activities related to Plant Safety and Environmental Programs and ensure that its focus remains as our top priority.
- Oversees the administration of workers’ compensation program, including working with the insurance carrier to reduce employee lost time.
- Collaborates with insurance carrier claims adjusters, nurse case managers, and other appropriate staff to ensure proper management of claims.
- Creates and maintains company programs to prevent on-the-job injuries and illnesses.
- Partners with the operations teams to implement ergonomically sound and safety conscience production line and process changes.
- Leads accident investigations in collaboration with managers/supervisors to uncover root causes and implements corrective action; follows up on corrective action to ensure hazards are mitigated.
- Prepares material and evidence for organizational use in legal proceedings and insurance investigation.
- Make represent Rheem Water Heating, Montgomery, AL in legal proceedings related to workers’ compensation.
- Interacts with Corporate in-house legal department and outside counsel on issues related to safety and workers’ compensation matters.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, State and Local Government Regulations concerning OSHA and EPA, including permits and certifications. Stays abreast regulatory changes and promptly implements compliance programs.
- Acts as the Montgomery Plant Emergency Response Coordinator as well as directs and monitors Emergency Management plans.
- Directly supervises employees in safety, waste water treatment plant, including Occupational Health Nurses.
WHAT YOU NEED
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) from four-year college or university, or equivalent degree
- 7-10 years’ experience in EHS and 5 or more years’ experience as EHS Manager
- High volume steel/metal manufacturing fabrication
- Demonstrated knowledge of governmental program requirements regarding OSHA, EPA, ADEM, NFPA, NEC, and others
- Overseeing medical care for individuals; filling out formal paperwork; ensuring individuals receive needed care during emergency situations
At Rheem, we’re dedicated to bringing comfort to people’s lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we’re innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It’s an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people’s lives—every day. Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Rheem.
If your agency would like to be considered as a potential future recruiting partner, please leave your contact information at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]