HVAC Technician/Facilities Maintenance Tech
Location: Dothan, AL
Name: Ian Knowles
HVAC TECH/FACILITIES MAINTENANCE TECH - LONG TERM TO PERMANENT OPPORTUNITY - COMPETITIVE PAY
Maintains, repairs, installs, inspects, and adjusts commercial and industrial HVAC systems.
Hours: Monday - Friday from 7a-3:30p
Pay Rate: Based on Experience
Must be willing to submit to a drug screen and background check
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform preventative maintenance tasking on all HVAC equipment.
- Repair and maintain on all HVAC equipment.
- Responsible for accurate and timely paperwork related to essential duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to read and understand system blueprints and specifications.
- Open valves on equipment such as compressors, pumps, and condensers to prepare system for operation and starts equipment and auxiliary machinery.
- Reads gauges and instruments, adjusts mechanisms such as actuators, valves, controls and pumps to control system operation.
- Responds to associated hot/cold temperature complaints.
- Discuss system malfunctions with users to isolate problems.
- Records temperature, pressure and other readings on log sheet at specific intervals.
- Operates refrigerant recovery equipment, vacuum pumps, charging equipment and service gauges.
- Screws, bolts, rivets, welds, and brazes parts to assemble structural and functional components such as motors, controls, switches, gauges, wiring harnesses, valves, pumps, compressors, condensers, cores and pipes.
- Install wiring to connect components to electrical power source.
- Replaces or adjusts defective or worn parts to repair systems.
- Cuts, threads, gas welds, and connects pipe to functional components of HVAC systems.
- Cuts, bends, crimp sheet metal, install air ducts and associated sheet metal components.
- Lubricate fans, motors, and control units.
- Maintain, organize, control, inventory supplies, tools, and equipment.
- Clean and organize shop area.
- Maintain inventory of spare parts and material.
- Maintain tools and equipment for maintenance work.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary by Site Manager.
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek® Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.