Location: Yuma, AZ
With our pioneering Horizon Organic, Silk, International Delight, Land O’Lakes, Earthbound Farm, So Delicious Dairy Free, Vega™ and Wallaby Organic brands, DanoneWave has made healthy, alternative food choices mainstream, creating not just new categories, but a new consumer mind set. At heart, we are creators, engaged in the making of a new kind of Food Company. We are unique in possessing both the creativity and the scale not only to meet the world’s emerging needs, but to shape them, and help define the future of food.
As we experience growth, and as our portfolio of products grows, we maintain a constant focus on our environmental and social responsibilities. We pursue reductions against waste, water usage and greenhouse gas emissions throughout our operations, focusing on our plants and our company owned farms. We are also champions for food security, lending our support to national hunger relief organizations and those that operate in our local communities. POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Reporting to the Facilities Supervisor, the Facilities Maintenance assists with the management of routine facility inspections, repairs, and building maintenance activities. This individual is responsible for leading Grounds Keeping and General Repair team members. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor property grounds to ensure a pleasant appearance.
- Inspect and perform routine maintenance and repairing of plumbing systems, lift station, pumps, compressed air systems, portable equipment, dock doors, and building lighting.
- Manage records by documenting and filing daily logs, preventative maintenance paperwork, repairs, and inspections.
- Ensure the maintenance and safety of sidewalks, driveways, cart paths, and parking lots.
- Partner with facility management to address and correct employee performance issues promptly and effectively.
- Assist in the training of facility team members on Department and Earthbound Farm policies and procedures.
- Ensure employees work in a safe manner, that equipment is properly maintained to operate safely, and that hazards are promptly identified and corrected.
- Ensure all documents and paperwork is properly filed.
- Attend immediate calls in task with professionalism, prioritizing & delegating these with co-workers to solve emergencies.
Education and Experience:
- Report defective equipment, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager.
- Must be flexible with schedule and have the ability to work evenings, weekends and overtime as required.
- Ensure compliance with all company rules and regulations, Standard Operating Procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices as outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations Title 21, Section 110.
- Contribute to a successful food safety culture by following the established guidelines as outlined in the Earthbound Farm Food Safety Policy.
- Follow all Company food safety protocols without fail.
- Always perform tasks in a manner that protects and promotes food safety.
- Proactively assist team members, managers and employees as needed.
- Manage special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Change Management – Adaptable to a fast paced, shifting work environment; willing to remain flexible to accommodate changing business conditions, work requirements and scheduling needs.
- Detail Oriented – Attention to detail, ability to focus on the project or task at hand and consistently deliver error free results.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- Two (2) to five (5) years facility, maintenance, or construction experience.
DanonWave offers a competitive salary and bonus potential. The company also provides a comprehensive benefits package as well as many other company sponsored benefits.
DanoneWave is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic, or any other unlawful criterion in accordance with applicable law. DanoneWave will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with all legal requirements.