Plant Purchasing Supervisor
Location: Guion, AR
Name: Unimin Corporation
Unimin Corporation, a member of the Sibelco Group, is North America's leading industrial mineral producer and a technology partner to a diverse customer base. Our silica, high purity quartz, feldspar, nepheline syenite, calcium carbonate, clay, kaolin, lime and limestone products are the fundamental building blocks of nearly every industrial and manufacturing process.
Quality and innovation are at the foundation of Unimin; but our real strength is our employees. Unimin employs a diverse and highly skilled team of professionals to convert natural minerals into engineered solutions for our customers.
Unimin is looking for a dynamic Plant Purchasing Supervisor who will have a positive impact on the Procurement team at its Guion, Arkansas location. As a Plant Purchasing Supervisor, you will support Unimin's plant site by buying goods and services to ensure low total cost and timely supply. You will also be responsible for maintaining the spare parts warehouse. Analytical and strategic thought process is expected. Other duties include:
- Negotiate with suppliers and contractors on price, contract terms, conditions, and supplier consignment.
- Use competitive bidding to obtain the best total value for Unimin.
- Review open material requirements, monitor vendor performance, and expedite when necessary.
- Ensure problems related to delivery, quality, or pricing are promptly conveyed to the supplier and resolved in a timely manner.
ERP System Responsibilities:
- Prepare purchase orders in ERP system (IFS) by verifying specifications and price, comparing items requested to master parts list, and obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items.
- Manage site parts catalogue in ERP system. This includes adding all parts that need to be added to the site
- Ensure that all purchase orders have the appropriate attachments for suppliers and/or their subcontractors, including those relating to insurance requirements and regulatory compliance
- Verify/manage the receipts of items by comparing items/packing list received to purchase orders. Resolve shipments or invoicing errors with suppliers.
- Work with the warehouse supervisor to manage parts warehouse. Ensure accuracy of receiving records and on-hand inventory quantities. Develop inventory strategy to include minimum-maximum per part levels, with Regional Procurement and Plant Operations to ensure proper inventory part availability.
- Collaborate with other plant functional areas and procurement team members to effectively identify synergies & cost saving opportunities, and drive the opportunities to completion, with measurable cost savings
- Maintain proper filing of Certificates of Insurance and MSHA training records of third part contractors
- Supervise warehouse employee
- Manage the use of company issued purchasing credit card and maintain associated invoice files.
- Reconcile purchases monthly and provide required documentation to finance in a timely fashion.
- Investigate and inform the Regional Purchasing Manager, as well as the Plant Manager on an outgoing basis of changes in major purchasing trends such as price, consumption, volume, delivery, freight rates and part obsolescence
- Perform various routine administrative duties, such as preparation of correspondence and reports, ordering supplies, and securing services as required for office equipment
- Prepare various procurement and project status reports to present to management
- Apply corporate and project-specific policies and procedures in daily activities, particularly as they relate to material purchasing and warehousing
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent Healthcare Benefits - medical, vision, dental
- 401K with company matching and fixed annual contributions
- Vacation + Paid Holidays
- Education Assistance
- Disability, Life / AD&D, and Long Term Care Insurances
- Employee Assistance Program
At Unimin, we strive for and support a diverse workforce as we recognize this lays the foundation of our success. Our compelling culture supports inclusion, individuality and respect within the workplace. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non-work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status.
The organization offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Knowledge of ERP databases
- Associates Degree in related field.
- Bachelor's Degree desired in Business Administration
- 3-7 years of experience in a procurement and supply chain role.
- Worked in a manufacturing setting
- Negotiation Skills
- Inventory Management
Knowledge of ERP databases
Associates Degree in related field.
Bachelor's Degree desired in Business Administration
3-7 years of experience in a procurement and supply chain role.
Worked in a manufacturing setting